Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
well i tried finding some ledd tail asemblys for my gen4. i think they be cool. all i could find was some euerow lights that i think i may get sincee they dont make led ones. i like the leds are brighter n safer specly in fog wher u want a piercing light so i say go for it man.

Alice

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya it is just the bulb...i personally do not like the look of the euro lights.....i bought a pair of bulbs from summit racing for my ranger and they were not bright at all compared to the incadesant bulb....so im a little hesitant on purchasing these bulbs from this site even tho they seem brighter then the brand i bought before......idk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
LEDs in the interior are fine. Outside they are a waste, they simply don't put out enough light. The only way LEDs in the tail work is if you do a full conversion like the gen 2 LED tails. LEDs in reflectors = Fail.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok just wondering......even if it is a 30 bulb led? will it put out enough light?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I have Superbright LEDs as my license plate lights. I am going to install some in the corners. They are 'cool blue' but a lil bit too blue for me. I though they would be a bit more 'whiter'

They are ok for now.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
i have 48 leds tail lights bulbs and you really just cant tell the difference unless you know what leds looks like when they flash thats the only way you can tell, and the straight forward facing leds dont put out enough light in our housings to be used (the ones sold at autozone)

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jun 26 2009, 03:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735329
QUOTE (Racer X @ Jun 25 2009, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735292
Superbright LED's FTL.

www.autolumination.com FTW.[/b]
Here comes that great internet argument once again. Both are just fine. All of my interior bulbs are SuperBrightLeds.com "brand" and they have been working just fine for over 1/2 a year now.
[/b][/quote]
That's great, I'm so glad to hear that.

Now, come talk to me in 12 - 18 months when they all start to flicker and die, leaving you to dig out your IP to replace LED after LED again. :thumb:

I learned that lesson some 4 years ago. I switched to Autolumination's lamps, and I've yet to have a problem with them 3 years on.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
QUOTE (Racer X @ Jun 26 2009, 01:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735403
Superbright LED's FTL.

Here comes that great internet argument once again. Both are just fine. All of my interior bulbs are SuperBrightLeds.com "brand" and they have been working just fine for over 1/2 a year now.
[/b][/quote]

Now, come talk to me in 12 - 18 months when they all start to flicker and die, leaving you to dig out your IP to replace LED after LED again. :thumb:

I learned that lesson some 4 years ago. I switched to Autolumination's lamps, and I've yet to have a problem with them 3 years on.
[/b][/quote]

:withstupid: I had issues with ALL the LED's I ordered from superbrightled.com. Never again. ever ever ever.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Ok. No one answered his question.

No. Most LED's that are "Plug and play" Do NOT put out as much light as their incandescent counterparts.

Some people have issues with certain LED Companies. I'm quite partial to Auto illumination because I've used Superbrite before and autoillum, and found that autoillum have better lifespans.

Be careful that you either put out the SAME or MORE light output, and DO NOT sacrifice your safety just because you want LED's. This is DEFINITELY something you DO NOT want to cheap out on.

Euro Tails do NOTHING. Unless they are built as an LED unit, they are useless. Merely aesthetics.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanks.....i just keep thinking of different mods i want to do to my car.....what about an led strip fixed in the taillight to use as a brake and turn signal? sort of a look that audi now does with the headlights...i think if it could some how be done it would look awesome! :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Ill second that, I had superbrightled's in my license lights, both went out within a year, may have been b/c of the woofer in the truck, the vibration? Put in regular 194's and am not looking back.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I bought some on Ebay for cheap and they are really freaking bright. Very very very close to as bright as a stock bulb. It was some guy reselling used bulbs... no idea what company made them but they are great. :lol:

As for the great LED debate, I will not order from superbrightleds just because of all the problems I had when trying to order a flasher unit. It was just a huge hassle and took over a week to get the whole thing straightened out.

I have nothing negative to say about autoillumination but I have never purchased from them either. They seem a bit expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I bought some on Ebay for cheap and they are really freaking bright. Very very very close to as bright as a stock bulb. It was some guy reselling used bulbs... no idea what company made them but they are great. :lol:

As for the great LED debate, I will not order from superbrightleds just because of all the problems I had when trying to order a flasher unit. It was just a huge hassle and took over a week to get the whole thing straightened out.

I have nothing negative to say about autoillumination but I have never purchased from them either. They seem a bit expensive.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Jun 26 2009, 01:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735407
QUOTE (Racer X @ Jun 26 2009, 01:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735403
Superbright LED's FTL.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

:withstupid: I had issues with ALL the LED's I ordered from superbrightled.com. Never again. ever ever ever.
[/b][/quote]

Same here. Ordered 5 lights for my speedo cluster, 2 for my map lights, 2 for my license plate lights, and 1 for my center main light

9 months in, I lost all my lights to my speedo. Started randomly flickering and then just died.

I just lost both of my map lights, again flicker and dying after 12 months.

The center main light and both license plate lights still work. But I'll never order from them again....not worth the hassle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts