Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I recently bought a LeBra for my Sable and it SUCKS! I have been buying their stuff for years and never had so much problems until recently.

When I got it, I noticed that the nose cover didn't really stay on correctly. It would fly off while driving so I decided to put some velcro on the front to make it stay on. I had a similar problem with my Aspire, but I thought that was because it was a 1997 model (a face lift that only lasted a year). I also had trouble with the hood cover. It wasn't tight enough to keep it from flapping around while driving. I ended up braking one of the hooks but I was able to fabricate something to work.

On the way home from the Ford V6 Challenge, the hood cover ripped. I took it off today, I am not going to bother with Lebras or anything like it again. I wasted $60 on this POS product. Hopefully, the company will either send me a new one or refund my money.

I know some people have bras on their cars, has anyone else noticed problems with Lebras lately?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
LeBra=LeCrap. Colgan=good. :)

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I have a Wolf bra, and it fits very tight:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, my G3 looks better without it. I hope to get the bumper covers re-painted sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@May 30 2004, 08:17 PM
Actually, my G3 looks better without it. I hope to get the bumper covers re-painted sometime soon.
I never had any problems with my LeBra fitting my Gen3 properly the problems i had was i noticed the paint underneath was getting scratched or worn in some places. I stopped using it for some time and just recently took it back out and put it on hoping that if i take it off and clean underneath it more often it won't cause the problems i had. Will definitely look into the colgan next time though.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to Lebra and they said they would take it back. So it works out in the end. Its not like I didn't follow the directions, I followed them to the letter and also have experience putting these on cars.

It looks like the Lebra line has been sold again to another company. Lebra was its own company, then Saddleman bought it, now a company called Global Accessories owns them. There must be something wrong over at Lebra.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Mine left scrtaches and rub marks in the hood. I got it to fit nice & tight but it trapped in dirt and wore down the clear coat. :angry:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@Jun 2 2004, 10:37 PM
Mine left scrtaches and rub marks in the hood. I got it to fit nice & tight but it trapped in dirt and wore down the clear coat. :angry:
Same thing happened to me the first time around i had it on. I decided to re-install it planning on take it off and clean and wax under it more often hoping that it will keep it from happening again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts