Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok everyone in 20 days I will be gone for boot camp. I was contemplating whether I should sell my Taurus or keep it. well the final verdict is that I am going to keep it haha. I know I haven't been on in a couple months but I am back for a few more weeks. hope everyone is doing well

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not going marine corps, my bro is a marine though lol but I am going army doing infantry like my bro is. will be in GA for 16 weeks(boot and AIT) for those that don't know what AIT is it is Advanced Individual Training which is where I will learn how to be an infantryman

·
Registered
815 Posts
Good luck in basic training ;) Boot Camp is for Marines lol, but in all seriousness Good Luck and best of wishes on your journey. Thanks for signing up for doing what most don't.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I say a lot of marine lingo in front of my sergeants and they keep correcting me to have me say army lingo. I lived with my bro while he was a PMI at parris island and hung out with him and his buddies haha so I picked up on some stuff

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well whether nor not people say it, I do believe it is the most honorable thing a person can do. I joined because I can still see in my head the planes hitting the WTC buildings and them falling. Innocent lives lost for what, a message to the US? Gets under my skin to no other. You will find no better brothers and sisters than the ones you have in the military. I trust my fellow Marines with whom I served more than my own family, to a point. They had my back when they barely even knew who I was and I had Thiers because we were all there making the same sacrifice. I am proud to say I served this country and so should anyone else who has. Semper Fidelis and keep the faith when times are low.

·
Administrator
14,931 Posts
Voluntary service is noble in itself and imparts honor on all who serve. There is no greater camaraderie to be found. More than anything else the self sacrifice, quality and integrity of the people with whom I served taught me that the love I have for my country is not misplaced.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah no doubt my dad (who's retired navy) told me that in basic there will be all walks of life in one building and no matter what your differences are you all have each others backs. i'm looking forward to the camaraderie. just one of the things i'm looking forward to

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congratulations and good luck. From a fellow Veteran Military is still a noble act and selfless sacrifice. Best wishes and make us proud. Don't be a hero but don't be a coward either. Keep the car you will want it after AIT or presuming you can have it during latter phases of AIT then you can try to get home on a long weekend or Leave and drive it to your fisrt duty station.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i'ma keep the car as long as I can. more than likely I won't be able to use it during AIT but I will after AIT. I have the OSUT( one stop unit training) so i'll be at FT. Benning for 16 weeks and unable to use my car til I get done with boot and AIT. thank you everyone for all the support.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I had my '93 Cougar XR7 before I went to boot camp and went to pick it up after MCT(Marine Combat Training) and my MOS school (Fort Leonard Wood). Got stationed at Camp Pendleton and enjoyed 1000 miles of driving every weekend. I put too many miles on that car and it was still kickin until I got in an accident. Ended up buying a '94 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice. went put there after he got back from Afghanistan and it was my fist time in san diego haha my dad had been stationed out there when he was in the navy. good times good times

1 - 19 of 19 Posts