Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anybody know if they(Ford) make driver's side (grey) leather seats that are manual, not powered? I know they make manual cloth driver's side, but do they also make manual (grey) leather driver's side seats? I was thinking about swapping my power seat for a manual one because I'm looking for weight reductions.

Stupid luxury options...

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I would think that the seat comes apart and you can put the covers and even the entire seat on the "rack" that the seat sits on. I have never looked but I do know the covers come off at least.

What Gen?

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Weight reduction? Drive with 1 ricer seat in your car, remove your a/c, your doors, your windshield (helmet yo), rear shield, heck, the hood and the trunk can go too.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Dec 23 2003, 03:41 PM
Hey, does anybody know if they(Ford) make driver's side (grey) leather seats that are manual, not powered? I know they make manual cloth driver's side, but do they also make manual (grey) leather driver's side seats? I was thinking about swapping my power seat for a manual one because I'm looking for weight reductions.

Stupid luxury options...
..............Yeah they do. I have one of those manual seats you are referring to. However, I dont think that is a significant weight reduction. If you are looking for weight reduction, try taking out the spare (if you have triple A)

-D

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want to swap with anybody right now, just in case I don't like the manual seat and want my power seat back. I don't want to look like a welcher or an indian giver or anything. Although, if I get desperate, I may go through with it anyway. I'm in South Florida, where are you spyguy?

duratechie, I already removed my jack and spare (cuz triple A is so cool)

I figured there would be a lot of extra weight in the power seat because of the motor and whatever kind of compresser is used to inflate the lumbar support thing.

·
Registered
933 Posts
IIRC the power seat is about 90 lbs, manual is about 45. thats a good amount of reduction. I swapped in my SLO drivers seat to race with. its better rteduction than the spare, but take that out too, get a can if fix-a-flat

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know if there's a weight difference between leather and cloth? Maybe I should just get cloth seats and seat covers and forget about it. I'll put the leather back in when I want to ride out.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
buy some cool racing seats like in the sho. they are really comfy and supportive, also light weight, even tho nicks still have full power for front, back, up, down motion.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by mcgilles@Dec 25 2003, 02:17 PM
IIRC the power seat is about 90 lbs, manual is about 45. thats a good amount of reduction. I swapped in my SLO drivers seat to race with. its better rteduction than the spare, but take that out too, get a can if fix-a-flat
My leather driver's seat weighs 60 lbs. The passenger seat with no power weighs 45 lbs (I guess the motors weigh 15 lbs). The rear seat weighs 55 lbs.

I think it was Kirk D. who weighed the non-leather seats and found that there wasn't much of a weight difference. Probably 5 lbs a seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts