Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I installed new pads and rotors on my car. I was in a hurry and took the rotors right out of the box, put them on the car and then installed the calipers WITHOUT cleaning the rotors which had the film of oil from the factory. When I first drove the car smoke poured from the front brakes. Then I think the rotors got warped from the heat from the oil. It was no fun stopping. I installed the new rotors today and made sure to clean them this time. No more vibration in the front or pedal pulsation. It does not pay to hurry. Lesson learned:)

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
About a month ago I installed new pads and rotors on my car. I was in a hurry and took the rotors right out of the box, put them on the car and then installed the calipers WITHOUT cleaning the rotors which had the film of oil from the factory. When I first drove the car smoke poured from the front brakes. Then I think the rotors got warped from the heat from the oil. It was no fun stopping. I installed the new rotors today and made sure to clean them this time. No more vibration in the front or pedal pulsation. It does not pay to hurry. Lesson learned:)
I see you learned a good lesson. When ever I do brakes, I ALWAYS buy at least 1 can of spray brake cleaner. I wash down the rotors and pads with the spray, install them and then spray them again after they are in place just to remove ANY dirt, oil or grease. Its a cheap way to make sure your parts are clean when installed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think I got you beat! Put a set of pads on backwards on an old 95! She was a wee bit squeaky during the test ride. In my defense, it was pretty dark out.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts