Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting coded P1130, 1150,1152,0172 & 0175 which tells me that the engine is running way to rich. The gas mileage is around 13 mpg which is much lower than my 1999 vulcan. The car is a 1996 Taurus LX wagon with the Duratec engine. It is so rich that it soots up the rear bumper. I replaced the upstream O2 sensors and the spark plugs. Also is there a good shop manual that has a trouble shooting chart. I bought a Ford CD on Ebay but it really does not have a good trouble shooting section. I was looking on Ebay and see a Ford manual in a binder anyone have one of these. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Ford manuals are all the same whether CD or paper with the exception the CD is a complete manual.

All those codes are actually for a lean condition. The PCM cannot add any more fuel is what is happening.

Round up the usual suspects. Dirty MAF or vacuum leaks. PCV hose cracking is a common problem IIRC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford manuals are all the same whether CD or paper with the exception the CD is a complete manual.

All those codes are actually for a lean condition. The PCM cannot add any more fuel is what is happening.

Round up the usual suspects. Dirty MAF or vacuum leaks. PCV hose cracking is a common problem IIRC.
[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts