Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 93 Sable that I bought a few months ago there is water leaking into the trunk and running into the spare tire well. I have sealed where the bolts on the taillights go through with silicone, I then resealed the rubber seal that goes around the edge of the trunk, it had lifted from the seal support in a few places. ( I thought for sure this was the problem). I also sealed the drain holes in the spare tire well. And checked all of the seams. This is driving me crazy trying to find this stupid leak.
Has anybody else had problems with trunk leaks??? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
in my '96 the water is coming through my rear privacy glass. When I installed a new one I did a crappy job on the seal, so it gathers down into the trunk. Only 3 bolts hold that window in, have you had either of them replaced?

you could probably hang papwer towels on your trunk seal and then lines some around the trunk...spray it down or wait for a good rain and check quickly as to which one got wet first, that should help you bring it down to a smaller area.

Also check your taillights for small cracks. My aunts Honda Odessy had a small crack in the rear light and somehow the water was getting in through there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the same problem, I cannot for the live of me find the leak though, psh....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I haven't replaced any of the rear glass, but I suppose that it's possible that a previous owner could have. Also thanks for the paper towel idea I'll give that a try. I have drilled a small hole in the bottom of the spare tire well to at least let the water drain out untill I figure out where it's coming from :headscratch:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts