Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. For a while I've been at war with my fuel and evap system. Today I dropped my tank to see how I can end this war once and for all. Prior investigations lead me to believe the line going to my filter inlet was the culprit. Well this is what I discovered... (See pics)
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that yellow cover is supposed to have a gap like it does. Notice the pool of gas? What's going on with this madness?!? Do I need to replace or twist that back or what?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone. For a while I've been at war with my fuel and evap system. Today I dropped my tank to see how I can end this war once and for all. Prior investigations lead me to believe the line going to my filter inlet was the culprit. Well this is what I discovered... (See pics)
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that yellow cover is supposed to have a gap like it does. Notice the pool of gas? What's going on with this madness?!? Do I need to replace or twist that back or what?
Thanks!
Look at where the line attaches mine split across the top

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look at where the line attaches mine split across the top
Man... That's exactly where the problem was. I couldn't believe the trouble that tiny little crack caused. For now, I just filled it with super glue then duct/electrical taped it until I get it replaced. So far so good. It's been a whole week with great results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts