Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Got my new Sable and I'm fairly pleased with it. I did notice that the passenger floor was wet and found out that the cowl is leaking. I put new a new foam gasket on it but it still leaks. I'm thinking of covering the area over where the air comes into the cab with a small amount of dynamat. So air could still get in but it will be redirected. Think this is a good idea? I dont know what else to do :S

·
Registered
224 Posts
i had a similar problem and it actually was a TSB i recall....i went to the dealer and they had specific rubber shield that went on the inside of the cowl to deflect the water...i cant rememeber the details though

·
Registered
23,479 Posts
Its called the rainhat extension. Have you caulked(siliconed) around the oval evap.(ac) drain on the firewall yet? Pass. floor leak on 3 of my 99s was coming in there.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its called the rainhat extension. Have you caulked(siliconed) around the oval evap.(ac) drain on the firewall yet? Pass. floor leak on 3 of my 99s was coming in there.
I have not done that but I highly doubt thats the problem. The A/C doesnt work and this is alot more water then the A/C could produce.

·
Registered
23,479 Posts
It has nothing to do with the ac working or not. That blk. plastic drain outlet is surrounded by a foam-type gasket that absorbs rainwater or road spray like a sponge. I guess if the drain was putting out any moisture of its own, it would only worsen the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts