Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water dripping from driver's side behind glove box during rain -- obviously a leak, but would like input before digging in. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Probably water off the windshield flowing into the heat/A/C intake, then down into the heater, then on the floor. Check the outer cowl position, it should be up against the windshield then pull the panels off above the cabin filter (under the hood) and see that everything is in place. You should also take off the glove compartment, remove the blower motor and make sure it isn't water damaged.

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Water dripping from driver's side behind glove box during rain -- obviously a leak, but would like input before digging in. Thanks for your input.
Ford makes a "rain hat extension" to fix the rain water getting into the filter and dripping down into the blower.

I got mine at the Pick A Part JY as seen in the pic.

I had water in my blower that made sloshing noise but did not leak out. Real mess. Rain hat is just a rubber thing that just pushes on. No more leaks in a year.

-chart-

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info - thanks! I removed that cowl to install a new cabin air filter, and it doesn't fit flush against the windshield. I didn't think it would matter with the rain hat over the filter, but apparently I was wrong.

·
Registered
159 Posts
most likely it will not sit/fit flush unless you buy a new one.
see many previous write ups addressing this exact issue.
chances are you will need some sealant to seal flush the cowling to the window surface or at least fill the gap.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
most likely it will not sit/fit flush unless you buy a new one.
see many previous write ups addressing this exact issue.
chances are you will need some sealant to seal flush the cowling to the window surface or at least fill the gap.
Yeah, it's definitely not sitting flush. I tried adjusting it, "bending" it by hand a bit before reinstalling, etc. -- nothing doing. I'll go the sealant route and see if that does the trick.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts