Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I did a fair amout of highway driving. I normally do mostly city driving, which kills gas milage. This weekend I filled the tank and I just refilled today. I used a total of 13.5 gallons and drove 262 miles. about 2/3rds were highway miles. So gas efficiency is about 19.4 MPG. This is running Alberto's PERFORMANCE program, not his fuel efficent program. We're still tweeking the econ program for my car. I'll be posting some numbers for that once we get it right.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think I was getting maybe high 16 MPG on the highway before.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
damn guess i'll stick with stock i get 22-25 on the hwy now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by 02sable@Jul 23 2004, 09:07 AM
damn guess i'll stick with stock i get 22-25 on the hwy now.
'bout the same here. I've gotten in the upper 20's on the highway when I'm trying for gas mileage... Usually on the road, I'll see about 23-ish, running a 3.8 wagon.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I usually get 22-25 for typical driving. Two weeks ago, I did a 90 mile run at about 75 the whole way and averaged 28 when I topped off! I was pretty impressed, but that's the first time I've broken 26...

JR

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very lead footed, expecially in the city (stop and go takes on a new meaning). This is running his performance program, not his economy program. With my stock program, I was lucky to get around 16 MPG in the chity (which is where I spend most of my time... 3 mile commute to work and may 5 to school).

-Dan

·
Registered
437 Posts
He is saying he gets MORE MOG with the chip...for those of you getting in your 20's, if you drive the same way, you will get more with the chip.

I've ridden with Dan in his car when we do testing. Dan onlyknow how to drive two ways, idle and WOT ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got home from a long road trip today - 100% highway driving at 65 MPH or so netted me roughly 29-30 MPG!

Way to go vulcan powah!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I put albertos performance chip on my vulcan ffv and also noticed a better mpg in the city. before i was getting around 16-17mpg, now its anywhere from 18-22mpg in the city. *thumbs up* you rock Al!

B

·
0 Posts
I have to agree on the mileage. With my stock PCM, we averaged about 19-20 MPG when towing our little utility trailer to Norwalk last year. This past year, we towed the same trailer to the Lapeer drag day, and got about 23 MPG with Alberto's PCM.

Now the SHO's a different story. Travelling to MI for ROTB this year, doing a steady 75-80 MPH all the way out, I averaged about 28-29 MPG!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Geez, I've been consitently getting 24-26 Mpg on short trips driving. I think I'll keep mine stock. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by 00Taurus@Jul 29 2004, 08:05 PM
Geez, I've been consitently getting 24-26 Mpg on short trips driving. I think I'll keep mine stock. :D
You will get more with a chip. You always improve over what you have now fior mileage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What are the downsides (other than cost) to using these chips? If there really are none, one would think that Ford should have figured out how to run the engine in a similar fashion. Or is there an evil oil conspiracy theory at work? :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
No downside. Ford doesn't do it because these cars have to be calibrated to regular (cheaper) gas and most people do not like firm shifts and prefer the car to be comfortable, etc....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts