Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to come back up to GA for a little while, so I left yesterday evening and got here at around 12:50 last night. Everything went great except when I was on 75 coming through Marietta, I almost missed my exit (taking 5 north to Jasper) because I was in the fast lane doing about 25 MPH over the speed limit, LMAO. Well traffic was moderate but an opening was there, so I skipped accross all the lanes and just as I was making the exit, I noticed that I was right next to a GA State Patrol! He looked over at me but kept going on 75 LMAO! Oh God that was close. Just think if he'd have seen me switcing lanes all crazy like that or doing 25 MPH over the speed limit....

The funny part is that I had just put in a CD a freind had loaned me for the trip, its called Urban Beats or something. Anyway, one of my favorite all time songs is Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve. Well just as I noticed the 'STATE PATROL' logo on the side of the Crown Vic, the melody to that song came on, LOL it was a techno remix to it. I couldnt believe it. For those of you not familiar with the song, if you've ever seen the movie Cruel Intentions, its what plays at the very end when the chick walks out of the building and into the courtyard and when the other chick is driving away in the Jaguar.

Needless to say, the Taurus did wonderful the whole trip, not a single problem. Rolled over 240,000 miles just as I left Mississippi!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The cops in atlanta, esp on 285 really dont seem to care what speed you go. Congrats on hitting 240K. You fix the odo yet?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have to keep track in my head. Like right now, it reads: 190435 and that translates into 240435. I installed the 120 cluster when it read 183,000 miles LOL doesnt seem that long ago but it has been I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts