Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Larry, the moderator of V8SHO.com, Has a dead SHO sitting in a Ford dealership in Fallon, Nevada. The name of this dealer is, Strangely enough, Fallon Ford.
Larry would like to hear input from anyone and everyone who has knowledge of this dealer - ie. thumbs up or thumbs down and a short story as to why.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
TIA.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm far from Fallon Ford, but can you give us the Cliff's Notes as to what happened? :unsure:

Good luck, Larry!

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Larry's motor got cooked. Bad temp sensor and it snowballed from there.
Kirk D. gave the early prognosis and they left the car behind for the dealer to take a deeper look.
Depending on the estimate I'd imagine Uncle Lar will either pay them to fix it or tow it home.
I'm acting as internet interface for him right now as He's in a car somewhere west of Illinois at the moment. Come to think of it, Kirk is stuck with being a passenger too - his car died on the way out.

Rough convention trip I guess.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I've been to Fallon Ford (now Fallon Auto Mall), haven't had any bad experiences. They were pretty helpful, but they're prices are pretty high. I have heard some stories about them gouging a few customers (one strory involed them overcharging for the Distributor-looking thingy for a G3 Taurus).

BTW, does he live in Fallon or is he just passing thru?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts