Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need to know who's going to meet me at my house or at the track so i can make sure everyone gets there.

so far i have:

Me
Mario
James
Joe
Sarah
Jason(maybe)
Micah(maybe)

so am i missing anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
marley is coming with me. im tryin to get my freind who just got a 97lx duratec to come along with some of our freinds, and wingzwin also.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I was going to make an appearence out there with my SHO but my dad said "No, you can't race it, it'll break. The dash lights don't work anymore and somethings wrong with the tail lights...." and so-on. I really wanted to race but I don't wanna sit by myself on the stands watching everyone have fun while I sit out kicking my P.O.S. car :(

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Depending on the weather, I might watch too. I haven't decided yet. Watching isn't bad if there are others watching too.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
just come out, bring the silver g3. and there will be plenty people not racing. so u wont be alone, u can come in our group of cars if ya choose to come out.

J

·
0 Posts
If I make it out there, I probably will not be racing. There will be plenty of others either between races or that are not racing to hang around with. :)

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
How early do you plan on leaving mario? I may just come to watch, and if i do come i'll be bringing the Gen 3 although i'm disapointed in that too because a dent magically appeard on the hood when i let my uncle borrow it to go to work, looks like a REALLY big truck with a hitch hit it...not too noticable though....

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm watching as well but a few of my sho friends might let me take a few runs in some nicer sho's. As of this evening it's looking to be in the mid to upper 60's and mostly cloudy. Which is perfect racing weather.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Count me in for sure. I'll be meeting everyone at the track. I plan on bringing my wife, and a friend (former taurus owner).

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I'll be out there, most likely in the Mustang. B)

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Well the only thing i'm waiting on for my final decision is if i can find a baby sitter or not. I hope I can because i'm really looking forward to this.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by bumpin_taurus@Oct 19 2004, 10:36 PM
Well the only thing i'm waiting on for my final decision is if i can find a baby sitter or not. I hope I can because i'm really looking forward to this.
i know how that is!! good luck!

and by the sound of it right now, its suppossed to storm on Saturday. of course!

Lapeer, MI.
Saturday: Windy, a few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's only a 30 % chance and if it does it will be brief and the track will dry. In may in rained for 3 hours before we got to even start drying the track off and i still got over 10 runs in.

J

·
0 Posts
OK, sorry guys, I found out today I have to work Saturday. :( :angry: I won't be able to make it up there. :(

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Booooo!!!!! Too bad Jason, I was looking forward to meeting you. :(

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
call in "cough cough" sick

and matt... im plannin on being at the meeting spot around 9:30....
marley suggested going directly to the track, which isnt a bad idea, its more direct, just need to get the directions offline.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok jason. I hope to see you at the november meet ;)

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
ok, i'm coming with Gary. and than Christa is coming maybe with her boyfriend Aaron. so thats 3 for sure. i have to leave Lapeer by 2:30 though, which sucks. but at least i can go for a few hours. not sure if i'm gonna race now though since i won't have much time. don't wanna spend $25 to only run a few times.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
sarah if you get there when the gates open you could get probably 25 passes in 2.5 hours. There probably wont be more than 30 cars racing, and the pits move pretty fast. I went a couple weeks ago on a saturday. I got there at noon, made 3 passes, let the car cool down for 15 minutes, then made 2 more passes, packed up & left at 1:30. Thats 5 passes in an hour with cool down time.

I would suggest bringing a helmet if you can, because theirs are not exactly "high quality", and they rent them out to everyone. I'm gonna stop at a motorcycle shop and buy a cheap open faced one. I need it anyhow cuz my car is now in the 13's.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts