Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
unless your 97 was an early build, it most likley does not have it. It is not pre wired if you dont have it. If you did, the bulb in the dash would illuminate for a sec whent he car was started.

Brad

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I have a 97 GL that was made in 12/96. Would I have the Lamp Out warning? and does it just light up for a sec? and will it only light up when both the bulbs are burnt out? I have a spoiler and tapped into the rear brake lights, so I don't know if I can test this out.

Thanks
Adam

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
like i said, if you have it, it will illuminate for a sec when the car is turned on...like the abs and other lights.

If you have it, and any of the rear lamps burn out, it will illuminate. VERY few 97's have it, i actually have yet to see one.

Brad

PS...it was mostly an upperend car thing...like duratec and floor shift kinda cars.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to add to a car without it? I think it would be nearly impossible you would need a new gauge cluster and everything. the socket for the light is there, but the circuit board lacks the contacts for the indicator...IIRC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.