Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to Car talk on NPR today on my way to Taco Hell. Aside from all the mid-30s guys with early '90s Hondas having various problems, there was a lady who called in about one of those dent pullers that uses three suction cups and an adhesive to remove dents. They said for her to try it, what did she have to lose but $20? She said it was a really nice and a really good car that she planned on keeping for a long time but couldnt really see spending the thousands it'd take for a body shop to fix it. She said it was mechanicly fine. They finnaly asked her what it was and she said it was a Taurus. Heh heh. A happy owner at least, but a little beat up, sounds like.

I started to call in and tell them about my Taurus. A lot of non-Ford guys who I talk to say its time to dump it for another car since its having problems like the heater core and CV axel. Well, the axel is replaced now and the car runs great, so my only reply is "why in the hell would I dump this perfectly good running car for something that may have many, many more problems?" I love the car and dont plan on getting rid of it, I cant understand the "kleenex mentality" of some car guys: They get a car like a Tempo, Taurus, Corolla, etc and use it up and then throw it away like a tissue. Then I see people dumping thousands of dollars into their 1988 Accord DX with 175K miles, more rust than the Titanic, and it still wont pass a state inspection.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
LOL I heard that episode last week. Sounded like she's got a gen 3 or 4 ;)

Out where I live @ the coast, a lota Taurus and Sables are starting to rust out, especially on the gen 1, and early gen 2. Kinda sad, but it looks like people paint over rust and add bondo where necessary. I peeked in a gen 1 GL once, had well into 210K while I was at Piggly Wiggly. I came out and watched him start it up. Just a quick turn of the the key for 3 secs, it turned over and it sounded fine. I then watched a early 90's Accord , which was parked next to me, start up. It took 3 tries to get it going and it was rusting even worse than the Taurus.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you're going to be a teacher? LOL I was paying attention to see if anyone called in to mention a Taurus, Tempo, or other Ford, lol.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 7 2004, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure whether or not Ashley is joking or serious...

jR
Well, with the way she drives I wouldn't doubt it. :p

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oh gyod, I hate hondas with a passion.

My big sister has a POS honda civic (no she is not a rice racer) and that thing was held together with bungee cords by the time she FINALLY broke down to get what? a 99 civic. Eh at least she is no longer embarrased about getting out of her car.

See guys, how we feel about our taurii, the hon-duh owners feel for their cars.

Hondas might not be so bad if it were not for the rice racers doing all that silly crap to them. (bad stigma)

My wife seems to love the taurus, when she starts driving, she gets it.
I insulted the taurus and she got mad. I was pulling into the local tobacco shop for my coffin nails, some guy right on my butt, and all I said was, "Well if we were in the lesabre, he would not have been on my tail." She goes, "My car is fast" all whiney. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts