Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 4 KYB struts and 4 Moog Cargo Coils that I bought a year ago from shobros (now shosource), I never got around to putting them on my car because I was lazy and was kind of waiting for something to break first, so they've been sitting in my garage or closet for a year. Anyways I'm putting them up for sale because I plan on getting rid of my SHO in the spring (99 so non-SARC). I believe the struts will work on any 96-07 Taurus, although when I checked SHO Source they sell seperate struts for the 96-99 and the 00-07, so I could be wrong. The Moog's are sold the same way as the struts.

You can check SHO source for information about these units, they are not OEM and it sounds like the Moogs on front springs may require work to fit well.

I'm asking 100 for the Moogs ($138 at SHO source) and 200 for the Struts ($231 at SHO source), plus shipping. I'll sell the struts and springs seperate, but if you just want a pair of springs or struts (for front or back of a car) I'd ask that we work out a deal to find a buyer for the other pair before I get rid of them.

edit: I'd be willing to let each of those go for $25 less. That'd make the Moogs about half price of new, and the struts about 50 dollars off new. PM me if interested

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moogs dont lower the car correct, and the taurus will sit at normal ride height correct??[/b]
correct, except on the SHO I believe they lower it slightly (not sure why). From the reading I found, the cargo coils are stiffer I guess than OEM springs and may actually raise the front up a tad, although you can cut off a single coil and it will lower the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
moogs dont lower the car correct, and the taurus will sit at normal ride height correct??[/b]
correct, except on the SHO I believe they lower it slightly (not sure why). From the reading I found, the cargo coils are stiffer I guess than OEM springs and may actually raise the front up a tad, although you can cut off a single coil and it will lower the car.
[/b]
prolly cause tehy sho has the heavier V8? and i also read on shosource, like you said, you can cut off 1 coil to lower .5"

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm willing to negotiate on the price some, so pm me if your interested. i think I had one person who wanted to know shipping, i sent them a PM but it looks like it'll be around 25$ to either coast for either of the items. I think the guys at SHOsource must be shipping from the west coast because it was almost twice as much to ship to the east coast as it was to the midwest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts