Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know that the anniversary of nirvana front man kurt cobains suicide is today Monday April 5th. He was found dead over-dosed and with a shotgun blast to the head by an electrician on the April 8th, he was believed to have been there for more then a day, as the drugs had almost fully diluted through his system. With nirvana's momentous and supurb debut album "nevermind" created a stir in the music world, a world that needed alternative rock bad. He had a great effect on the ever so rebeling youth during his short lived life while making music. His music is great, there almost all hits if you ask me...there so real and emotional, well anyways...thanks for all the hits and shows kurt...may you rest in peace

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by MySablesNameIsBruce+Apr 5 2004, 10:43 AM-->QUOTE (MySablesNameIsBruce @ Apr 5 2004, 10:43 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Purple-HaZe
@Apr 5 2004, 09:20 AM
nirvana front man kurt cobains suicide is today Monday April 5th.
[/b]
Kurt Cobain, RIP April 7th 1994[/b]

confused..didnt see the edit

·
Registered
41 Posts
it'd be cool if courtney love would get off her high horse and let some new material come out. it'd be a good tribute to kurt.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by gen3GL@Apr 5 2004, 02:23 PM
it'd be cool if courtney love would get off her high horse and let some new material come out. it'd be a good tribute to kurt.
she first has to get off of her coke high and whatnot..then she might be able to worry about getting off her high horse hahahaha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Courtney Love has to 'fess up about killing him. Cobain had three times the lethal dose of heroin in him- he would have died before he pulled the trigger. His death is still a highly debated topic even to this day, ten years later.

By the way, Courtney Love is horrible- looks like a wench, and still keeps her bad habits, even though she has a DAUGHTER to raise. What a role model!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Apr 5 2004, 10:32 AM
Man, I feel old. I was fifteen. I used to listen to Nirvana all the time in High School.
Gaaahhhh!!! I was 23 and in the Air Force when he died. Nirvana songs still remind me of summer in Saudi Arabia.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by beefstu01@Apr 5 2004, 04:04 PM
Courtney Love has to 'fess up about killing him. Cobain had three times the lethal dose of heroin in him- he would have died before he pulled the trigger. His death is still a highly debated topic even to this day, ten years later.

By the way, Courtney Love is horrible- looks like a wench, and still keeps her bad habits, even though she has a DAUGHTER to raise. What a role model!
Her psychotic rant on the howard stern show last week was classic. She had cleaned herself up there for awhile, yet now shes back with many problems.

-DC

·
Registered
167 Posts
I wish that he died before he made any music. Nirvana is nothing special. A sad truth about our era - not many see how much he was just ordinary and worthless (and some even like that)

Could you learn anything useful from him?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Postmortem@Apr 5 2004, 09:58 PM
I wish that he died before he made any music. Nirvana is nothing special. A sad truth about our era - not many see how much he was just ordinary and worthless (and some even like that)

That was uncalled for...we all have our own opinions but this is a memorial thread...if you dont have nothin nice to say...then DONT SAY NOTHIN.

afi292: to clear up your confusion, he wasnt found until april 7th from what i recall, they believe that he died at least 1-2 days before he was found as the system had cleared the drugs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by Postmortem@Apr 5 2004, 08:58 PM

In the end, everybody is ordinary and worthless. You are, I am, everybody. It is, however, what someone makes of someone else that makes them special. To some random person on the street, I am just another passerby. To my family and friends, I'm an extraordinary person.

You may have not liked Nirvana and/or Kurt Cobain, that's fine. I didn't like 2Pac. To me he was nothing special. However, his death was untimely, and I never wish anything like that upon anybody else. Nor do I wish what happened to Cobain on anyone else. I wish none of them had died, because dying at such a young age is just a waste of a life.

See, music is wonderful- it's what people make of it. Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Duke Ellington, Frank Sinatra, 2Pac, Biggie, Kurt Cobain, Keith Moon, John Entwistle... These were all great people in music who aren't around anymore. I may not learn a lot from some of them, but I can learn a lot from others. Be careful what you say- you never know who is trying to learn Nirvana guitar licks and such. I listened to a bunch of grunge rock back in the day, and I still like it.

Like him or not, it's still sad that he died.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here you go Afi929:

On the 5th of April Kurt Cobain the leader of Nirvana, the grunge band that redefined the sound of the nineties, barricaded himself into the granny flat behind his mansion, put a shotgun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. On Thursday April the 7th ~ two days after a medical examiner says Cobain shot himself and the day before his body was found police say Courtney Love Kurt's wife was taken to hospital in L.A. for a drug overdose. Released on bail, Love checked herself into a rehab center but left soon after a friend called her the next day with news of Cobain's death.
Cobain's body was found when an electrician visiting the house to install a security system went round the back of the house when no one answered the front door and peered through windows. He thought he saw a mannequin sprawled on the floor until he noticed a splotch of blood by Cobain's ear. When police broke down the door they found Cobain dead on the floor, a shotgun still pointed at his chin and on a nearby counter a suicide note written in red ink addressed to Love and the couples then 19 month old daughter Frances Bean.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by beefstu01@Apr 5 2004, 11:30 PM
You might want to check out http://www.cobaincase.com/. It's an interesting view at the murder side of the story.
ok...medically maybe he couldnt have picked up the shotgun...to much heroin in his blood stream...but mathmatically some one else couldnt have given the same angle bullet-line wise. I think he did it himself, idk he seemed to have multipersonality in all of his interviews he was pretty happy-go-lucky but then his lyrics were so raw that it seems like he had been trying to tell us for so long that he was going to take his life.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts