Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey, kpeters... Do us all a favor and start doing meth or something, because I want to see an update to this thread every time I log in. :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
These guys are going at lightning speed!

Some more pics they are starting to assemble the car.

It still needs fine sanding and polishing as well a lot of minor details.

Hardware is also being detailed at the moment, most of the visible screws, clamps etc.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Looking very good!!! That's the same color my wagon is going to be painted...apparently you and I have the same color car, cool!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looking very good!!! That's the same color my wagon is going to be painted...apparently you and I have the same color car, cool!
Great! Shame we can't take a picture of them together. We'll have to photoshop one :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looking very nice. Is that a new chrome strip in the front bumper? If so, where'd you get it? Im going to need one for mine when i do a repaint. Do you have any plans for the interior?
Hey, the chrome strip is new from Rockauto there's a few one's left. Parts are getting REALLY scarce.

For the interior I'm planning on replacing all the buttons, the EATC (A/C) unit for one with nicer buttons, cleaning the screens on the cluster and cleaning the seats. (I want to keep the original cloth interior as it's in very good shape but very dirty). If for some reason I have to change the interior I will probably save up money and use leather but I don't see that happening any time soon.

The steering wheel needs re-wrapping in leather but I've yet to find a capable enough guy.

The ceiling is getting replaced too and I'm thinking about replacing the complete sunvisors too but they are hard to come by and really expensive :S.

If you need help finding parts shoot me an email or if you need any other help with your car I'd be happy to assist.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Cool, thanks. Yeah I think Im mostly gonna need help in finding replacement parts for the interior and some stuff for the exterior such as the rubber strips that go on the roof that are part of the luggage lack. There all cracked where they rivet to the roof. Those ought to be fun to find. -_- Same to you, if you ever need any info or anything just let me know. [email protected]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well....I'm not very happy today.

The body shop is doing an amazing job but the turn signal lenses which costed roughly $100 usd EACH and which I had to pay customs tax and shipping to Costa Rica on top of that arrived incorrect and broken.

So now I have 2 right side broken lamps and they were the last 2 available in the whole USA as far as I'm concerned. (Unless someone's got a barn full of em).

If anyone can assist me in finding a pair of new ones (NOS) or some very very good used ones I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's some pics of the restoration process so far, new radiator in, trans fluid hoses, new keyless entry pad, etc.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for the replies guys, there is just one more place in San Diego I meed to check most of the parts listed on rear counter are gone :(. I actually found some in Germany (the irony) new perfect condition and I'm going to try and have them shipped directly to Costa Rica.

According the the shop the car will go out next week but I will still need to replace some parts by miself ( I dont think the turn/parking lamps will arrive from germany in a week!).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Some new pictures, the shop is only 1 or 2 days away from finalizing the paint job.

I still have to:

-Change interior knobs and random stuff.
-Clean interior.
-Polish the chrome.
-Repair the chrome on the winshield gaskets.
-Minor detailing.
-Paint Job Polishing.
-Hood Insulation.
-New Park/Turn lamps.
-New Beltline trim.
-New hood insulation.
-Rear Bumper Chrome Strip.

The car is really dusty you can't really appreciate the color but this is how it is right now hope you like it :) :

Dusty Engine, need to correctly place the alternator shroud and manufacture some new stickers for the radiator cover.

Attention to Detail (Hood insulation coming):

Taurus is Happy!

Cleaned up the old turn signal meanwhile I wait for the new ones coming from Switzerland! (The irony)

Badges on! Waiting for the rear chrome strip.

Side of the car waiting on metal trim polishing, detailing and hubcaps!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow...I am digging this car! That color is going to look great once it's polished up.

Did you say you had some 89-91 side markers you wanted to sell?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wow...I am digging this car! That color is going to look great once it's polished up.

Did you say you had some 89-91 side markers you wanted to sell?
Thanks! I can't wait to see it polished and ready to go, there will still be some cosmetic work to do mostly in the interior but it will look a lot better!

I do have one rear left side marker if I'm not mistaken, let me know if you want it.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts