Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wanted to have a little space here to document and share with you the restoration I'm doing at the moment.

It's been tough to find new parts for the car but I managed to find enough to go ahead and jump into bodywork.

Some Pics:

Before Resto:

Parts:

Sanding and starting to fix little details:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow. That car is going to look brand new when you're done. Interesting fix on the bumpers. Good luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. That car is going to look brand new when you're done. Interesting fix on the bumpers. Good luck!
Thanks for the comment! I hope it'll look like new that's the idea!

BTW you can see the parts you sent me installed on the engine already, thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that's a proper restoration. I'm jealous, your car has body color bumpers from the factory!
Thanks! I hope it will end up looking as nice as I imagine. And yes those bumpers are original body colored, that wasn't so rare was it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think i have a service manual for your generation, yours free, just cover postage
Hi is that the big yellow binder?

I already have the binder and the Haynes as well as the Chilton somewhere I think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What color you going with?? The stock goldish color or ??
Yup! Same gold color it's called "Driftwood Metallic" trying to keep the car as original as possible to achieve the "just out of factory" look.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have suspected for years that the G1 Taurus/Sable is going to become a classic, and efforts like yours only reinforce that belief. B)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have suspected for years that the G1 Taurus/Sable is going to become a classic, and efforts like yours only reinforce that belief. B)
Hopefully they'll at least become collectible! The worst problem is getting parts for them most of the parts I have gotten were the last ones available :S

If it's hard to restore them now I can only Imagine how hard it will be in the future.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like type of restoration I want to do on my 86 wagon lx. Looks like your doing a good job. Keep up the good work and keep us updated. :)
Pics from the first spray coming! And keep me posted on your wagon resto.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's the pictures for the first spray. I couldn't take out the windshield as I have no replacement so had to mask it :(. Importing a windshield to Costa Rica is really expensive, good thing is everything looks real good and there was basically no rust on the car.

Repaired Bumper:

Paint just sprayed still needs sanding and polishing:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts