Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Eibach springs are hard to come by. But assuming I can find them, I'm planning the Koni/Eibach setup for this summer. I know I'd be looking at about a 1.5" drop at the absolute most, which is obviously not a lot, but my question is...

With a 1.5" drop, and the stiffer suspension, has anyone done this and had any problems develop with the car? Parts wear out faster? Anything?

I'm just looking to see whether its realistic and worth it for me to do this, or upgrade to new subs since both projects will cost me about the same.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
You may need concentric bushings or adjustable control arms in the rear to return the camber to stock. You may need to break the welds on the camber plates to return the camber to stock. Some increased wear will occur on the half shaft joints.

Bob

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
As mentioned above you only need to do those items to fix the alignment. I have not had any real problems.

We are working on lowering springs. We just sent off the test springs so we will know more soon.

We have the last of the Konis so get them now before they are gone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only problem, unfortunately, is that I do not have the money for them right now. This is going to be a summer project funded by employment by my father. SOOOO, to my displeasure, I cannot buy them right now, meaning I might miss the boat on this one, which..not gonna lie..kind of sucks.

Part of this project was to stop the sag from my current stereo, and to combat SAS. NOW though, I'm looking to upgrade to bigger subs, adding 25 more lbs, and a new/bigger box.

I was indeed looking to lower it and for more performance handling (I love SilverThunder's stance) and to put some 18" Elbrus I02 wheels on it. So I know if I want that stance I need to drop it a little bit. But what are my options if I miss the Konis and just have to combat SERIOUS SAS/Stereo sag?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The only problem, unfortunately, is that I do not have the money for them right now. This is going to be a summer project funded by employment by my father. SOOOO, to my displeasure, I cannot buy them right now, meaning I might miss the boat on this one, which..not gonna lie..kind of sucks.

Part of this project was to stop the sag from my current stereo, and to combat SAS. NOW though, I'm looking to upgrade to bigger subs, adding 25 more lbs, and a new/bigger box.

I was indeed looking to lower it and for more performance handling (I love SilverThunder's stance) and to put some 18" Elbrus I02 wheels on it. So I know if I want that stance I need to drop it a little bit. But what are my options if I miss the Konis and just have to combat SERIOUS SAS/Stereo sag?
We it will be a little bit before it goes though so it you stick around you might be able to get in. Also we might stock a few.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.