Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I'm back and ready to help anyone that needs it. I know things have been hectic (to say the least) and the rumor's have been flying around. And I admit that things weren't as smooth as they should have been. Everything that was promised was delivered. If anyone still has problems PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] I am willing make things right.

Further news, the family is doing well, and I brought up in a previous post that someone from the forum was harassing my father with cancer. He is doing well, the cancer in his bone marrow (sp?) is almost zilch, and he is working on getting accepted into a new study for a new type of cancer therapy. Thank you to all of you that offered your prayers to my family.

I now have a job that is in state, that means no more traveling by plane/rental car for weeks at a time. No more 18+ hr days 6-7 days a week with no free time. Thats right, max of about 10hrs a day including travel time. Did I mention that I'm also heading up a performance shop? I have my own shop to work in again, and it is FANTASTIC! Not to mention Tech's that answer to me. I guess dreams do come true!

I will be offering my help as I did in the past, and for the same price as before (free to thoes of you that don't know). I hope all the rumors and half truth's have been obsolved and if their are any further questions please direct them to me in private.

Update on the vehicle list:

3.0 97 Vulcan wagon that was COTM (april) spun a rod bearing b/c someone drove it without proper oil in it (can't blame the g/f because she doesn't know any better and I should have checked it) New fully built 3.0 is on the way. Aiming for close to 300+ hp N/A with a LOT of torque and a 12:1 compression.

2.0 Galant Vr4 just a sick little high hp, high torque monster with all wheel drive. With all its power I still prefer the Taurus b/c of its comfort, quiet ride and room.

3.8 Sable sold

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
vulcan parts?!? This vulcan driver likes what he hears.

what does the king do for vulcans??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Feb 14 2004, 08:05 PM
vulcan parts?!? This vulcan driver likes what he hears.

what does the king do for vulcans??
I have a much larger shop and workforce to work with then ever before, however, things went BAD on everyones part, including mine. I'm not certain I will be fabricating parts on a group buy ever again. A LOT of personal issues opened up, most of wich I really don't want to talk about, but I tried my best to make sure that everyone that paid for something got what they paid for.

I had one of the highest specific outpute 3.0L Tauri around. It created a lot of controversy, which I would like to avoid. I'm just here b/c I have a LOT more free time, a better job, and I miss all my friends from the club. It has been a hard long several months (almost a year) and I'm soooo glad things are getting back into my own control.

I hope I can become a productive member of the club once again, and I love you guys! You all know who you are.

Oh, and to settle any future controversy, I have a SWEET digital camera. Rumors no more

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by mikehawk@Feb 14 2004, 08:01 PM
Wow :jawdrop: It has been a long time. Welcome back.

Ever think about making parts for duartecs? Or are you strictly into vulcans?
I'm into fast cars, not just vulcan's. Always have been, always will be. I sort of got the vulcan title b/c of my vulcan toys. Though mass produced or group buy performance parts may be out of the question for quite some time. But the Duratec is an amazing engine with a lot of potential. My answer for now is, no performance parts for the duratec and the vulcan.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
:jawdrop:

Good to have you back and to hear that eveything is going OK. You were very active when I first started the club and I always loved seeing pics and progress on your car. I look forward to your future activity with the club and I hope you plan to bring that 300hp beast to the summer meet.
Smola

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Smola97GL@Feb 14 2004, 08:25 PM
:jawdrop:

Good to have you back and to hear that eveything is going OK. You were very active when I first started the club and I always loved seeing pics and progress on your car. I look forward to your future activity with the club and I hope you plan to bring that 300hp beast to the summer meet.
Smola
Not sure when it is going to be finished. I'm working on building a bullet proof ATX trans. It so far has required a LOT of custom machine work, but if people can make the C4 stronger then the MONSTER C6 then I can make the Taurus ATX a beast. You just have to have the money, time, and most importantly Tools and Knowlege.

The motor will be a WILD piece of engineering marvel. Based around "60's Cleveland Technology" hehehe. Pictures, Video, and all will be around for the final product. Just remember, sleepers RULE.

·
Registered
350 Posts
What can you possibly machine for an AX series transmission? Unless you are modifying the planetaries or the valve body, and even at that, I'm not sure those would require maching work, just a bit of drilling/ cutting.

Is it safe to assume that you are machining replacement parts, and if so, what are they? You've peaked my curiousity and you've only been back for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Feb 14 2004, 08:38 PM
What can you possibly machine for an AX series transmission? Unless you are modifying the planetaries or the valve body, and even at that, I'm not sure those would require maching work, just a bit of drilling/ cutting.

Is it safe to assume that you are machining replacement parts, and if so, what are they? You've peaked my curiousity and you've only been back for 10 minutes.
I'm machining parts from other trany's to fit into the venerable Ford ATX. I'm machining parts from other Ford ATX trany's to accept high performance parts. More clutches, larger bands ... etc. Valve body will not have extensive modifications, that isn't the main problem. Main problem is proper fluid pressures (pump) and temp's (fluid volume and external coolers), enough clutches to disperse the hp, and bands to hold the power. Also an easily serviceable trany makes a better trany. When it is complete full disclosure will be made, but currently things are still being planed, built, re-planed, re-built, modified and its not a working and tested unit yet. Nor is the motor. Rest assured it will be beyond the Jason King standards of yester-year, and if you though thoes were insane, just wait.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Welcome back

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by Jason King+Feb 14 2004, 08:46 PM-->QUOTE (Jason King @ Feb 14 2004, 08:46 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Mikeys_Taurus
@Feb 14 2004, 08:38 PM
What can you possibly machine for an AX series transmission?  Unless you are modifying the planetaries or the valve body, and even at that, I'm not sure those would require maching work, just a bit of drilling/ cutting. 

Is it safe to assume that you are machining replacement parts, and if so, what are they?  You've peaked my curiousity and you've only been back for 10 minutes.
I'm machining parts from other trany's to fit into the venerable Ford ATX. I'm machining parts from other Ford ATX trany's to accept high performance parts. More clutches, larger bands ... etc. Valve body will not have extensive modifications, that isn't the main problem. Main problem is proper fluid pressures (pump) and temp's (fluid volume and external coolers), enough clutches to disperse the hp, and bands to hold the power. Also an easily serviceable trany makes a better trany. When it is complete full disclosure will be made, but currently things are still being planed, built, re-planed, re-built, modified and its not a working and tested unit yet. Nor is the motor. Rest assured it will be beyond the Jason King standards of yester-year, and if you though thoes were insane, just wait. [/b]
You might be going through more trouble then it's worth though. We built a tranny that took 300+ hp of abuse and still chirped gears, albeit a short time before the motor blew.

Jason down in Texas is running a 400+ hp (IIRC) blower ATX that is running an FPS transmission.

I just fear that people get the wrong idea about these transmissions. They can actually be made to be quite stout as long as the proper modifications are made to the valve body and you tighten the specs on the clutches, or in some case stuff two where there used to be one.

Sorry, I digress. Welcome back again. With the loss of Twilight, I feel like sanity has arrived again, though in a much unexpected form.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus+Feb 14 2004, 09:02 PM-->QUOTE (Mikeys_Taurus @ Feb 14 2004, 09:02 PM)
Originally posted by Jason [email protected] 14 2004, 08:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mikeys_Taurus
@Feb 14 2004, 08:38 PM
What can you possibly machine for an AX series transmission?  Unless you are modifying the planetaries or the valve body, and even at that, I'm not sure those would require maching work, just a bit of drilling/ cutting. 

Is it safe to assume that you are machining replacement parts, and if so, what are they?  You've peaked my curiousity and you've only been back for 10 minutes.

I'm machining parts from other trany's to fit into the venerable Ford ATX. I'm machining parts from other Ford ATX trany's to accept high performance parts. More clutches, larger bands ... etc. Valve body will not have extensive modifications, that isn't the main problem. Main problem is proper fluid pressures (pump) and temp's (fluid volume and external coolers), enough clutches to disperse the hp, and bands to hold the power. Also an easily serviceable trany makes a better trany. When it is complete full disclosure will be made, but currently things are still being planed, built, re-planed, re-built, modified and its not a working and tested unit yet. Nor is the motor. Rest assured it will be beyond the Jason King standards of yester-year, and if you though thoes were insane, just wait.
You might be going through more trouble then it's worth though. We built a tranny that took 300+ hp of abuse and still chirped gears, albeit a short time before the motor blew.

Jason down in Texas is running a 400+ hp (IIRC) blower ATX that is running an FPS transmission.

I just fear that people get the wrong idea about these transmissions. They can actually be made to be quite stout as long as the proper modifications are made to the valve body and you tighten the specs on the clutches, or in some case stuff two where there used to be one.

Sorry, I digress. Welcome back again. With the loss of Twilight, I feel like sanity has arrived again, though in a much unexpected form. [/b]
It is being built beefer for Future plans ... I'm going big this time, REAL big. Hard Launches over and over and over again require beef.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Hey! Welcome Back Jason!

I was wondering whatever happened to you. Glad to hear everything is goin ok. You'll definatly need to keeps us up to date on your Vulcan project.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by Jason King@Feb 14 2004, 07:47 PM
3.0 97 Vulcan wagon that was COTM (april) spun a rod bearing b/c someone drove it without proper oil in it (can't blame the g/f because she doesn't know any better and I should have checked it) New fully built 3.0 is on the way. Aiming for close to 300+ hp N/A with a LOT of torque and a 12:1 compression.
A Vulcan with 300 hp. Yeah right. That will happen the day after they find out Ford settles the V8 SHO lawsuit and someone figures out how Yamaha got the '300 hp' V6 SHO motor before Ford detuned it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by 1fast97@Feb 14 2004, 09:51 PM
A Vulcan with 300 hp. Yeah right. That will happen the day after they find out Ford settles the V8 SHO lawsuit and someone figures out how Yamaha got the '300 hp' V6 SHO motor before Ford detuned it.
Thanks for the hate. Thanks for showing your ignorance. The negativity was really apreciated. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It's not hate. Just doubt. Your creditibility here is lacking.

IBTL.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts