Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im driving along coming home and spot a Toreador Red 99' Taurus SE w/Duratec. I drive around and head home, but come back to it the next day. Now this is where it gets weird, so I think?

99' Taurus SE proof...
-Blackened headlights (proves 99')
-Non power antenna (proves 99')
-SHO style rims (proves 99')

Now the weird...
-Dual exhaust looked 100% stock ("stopped" that in 98')
-Rear sway bar ("stopped" that in 98')
-Rear DISC brakes ("stopped" that in 98')

It is for sale for 6500 obo. :rolleyes: Im unsure of the mileage I forgot to check, as that was way out of my price range. The car looked mint, paint was shiny, nothing odd at all about the car.

What do you guys think? A freakishly late 98'/early 99'?

-Nick S.

p.s. if anyone is interested its in Oak Lawn, IL and I can get a phone number.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would have edited but I wanted to add this in in another post, but keep it under this title. I spotted a week ago a Silver 96-97 (dual bottom openings in front bumper) Taurus wagon with dual exhaust. It was stock so I think, because the guy driving it was like 90. I am not sure if it was Vulcan or Duratec powered, I saw no badges but it could have been a 96 which were badgeless. I am unsure of if it was a GL or LX, as I didnt think to look at the tailgate and see the trim option, and am unsure of the rims since I was being passed by him.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
sounds like someone who's done some mods to it...or maybe the car was wrecked and they put pieces from a '98 because that's what they could find cheap...whoever buys it will hopefully have a good mechanic to check it over...

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I highly doubt it, I could always call and ask about it, but everything looked completely stock exhaust wise, if they did duals on either cars, wouldn't they choose something better then stock muffs? Also rear discs are usually a more involved job then the average joe driving his Taurus would do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by spridget@Sep 16 2004, 02:16 AM
It's an early '99. The changes happened mid-year.

The price is on the high side.
I agree. I bought a '99 Taurus SE with the 3.0L V6 and 49000 miles for $5500 from a dealer including tax and title.

Perhaps the owner is charging more due to any mods to it. In any case, you ALWAYS can negotiate car prices, so the seller probably highballed the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Sep 15 2004, 06:37 PM
....because the guy driving it was like 90....... and am unsure of the rims since I was being passed by him.
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

:pointlaugh: :roflmao: :roflmao: :rofl:

Sorry, Nick just too good to pass up

--Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:pointlaugh: I knew someone would say something about that! There was a good reason, really! ;)

-Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts