Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from dropping mygirlfriend off when this jack a** in a Lexus was riding the back of my car...I defentially don't drive slow so I figured he was just being a wise guy. We stop at a light and there is mr tough guy pulling next to me on the left side(on the wrong side of the road). Light turns green, we both hit it...neck and neck for a bit but as we hit about 40 before I knew it I was near 70...I kinda walked away from him and he dropped behind me, riding close again. We stop at the next light and i noticed some ice so i wasn't gonna give him another run. He guns it around me hits the ice and starts skidding...he slows down and went to the right a bit( he must have gotten shaken up), I got the idea to pass him again but instead of it escalating I just let him go.

G

·
hmmm, I had some kills tonight too, except I was the one being killed..

this was all driving on major streets with 4 lanes on each side, and island in the middle, and continuous cars parked on both sides..

I was out with friends (appox passenger weight = 700 pounds) and we were just looking for some fun, so first we were going to take some Nissan, we're just cruising the the light, when there was an F-150 in one of the lanes so the nissan goes to the right lane and I'm already in the left, then when the light turns green I toast a little rubber off my tires and I guess the F 150 thought I was trying to race him, so he guns it eventually taking me.. But we BOTH took the nissan.. Does that count as a win over the nissan for me? anyways..

A little later after we dropped by 7-Eleven for some Slurpee's we were cruising around, and coming up on a mall, when this Escalade with 23"s and hydralics pulls behind us and their blue lights were sort of bright so when we come up to this light I just keep the same speed as the guy next to us, but I guess he thought we were doing something, so the guy next to us slowed down, then the escalade floored it.. he goes around my back right and comes up next to me, and me with my late start get it going but he just flies by.. then of course it's just me and him in the open.. so I let off and he goes a little while longer till he's about 20 car lengths ahead of me, then the light ahead turns yellow, and I floor it, he brakes but seeing that's I'm not stopping he guns it again.. But since I had a little head start I went right by.. then he came up on me but didn't get closer then 5 car lengths as the 3.2 reaches it's high RPMs then since it's a clunky first year SHO automatic it doesn't shift at the opportune moment yeilding the Escalade a bit of gain on us.. So now he's about a half a length ahead of me, we're going 95 down this street coming up to a red light with cars stopped at it.. when he see's the right lane is empty so he cuts me off and brakes since we were getting close to the light.. then I fly to the left as he cuts me off, the light turns green and the cars ahead take off at a snail's pace (probably about 30-40) but we didn't have to stop, so I get around them at the same time the Escalade does and we give it another go.. Same thing up to 90-100 then he gains a length on me and then I just blow by.. That's where I'm confused.. he didn't put his brakes on.. and I didn't dramatically accelerate any faster, so did his Escalade just crap out?

Now that I think about it, it seems logical that maybe his computer said no no on the 100+ speeds and cut off the fuel but I don't know.. That was the last I played with him.. My brakes were getting a little warm.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I had some racing fun tonight.

kill one: I raced my friend in his rsx auto. he has intake, headers, and catback exhaust. I had a carlength on him until 100mph, then his power-weight ratio kicked in. I consider this a kill because my quarter mile speed is about 84mph, and he was way back when i hit that speed. so yay!

kill two: raced a bemer 325 (not a new one) from 40-90. at 40, i pulled on him by a car and a half. he finally caught me at 90, and i shut it down.

I like my car. I cant wait till i get Al at americanmotorsport to burn me a chip. Then its gonna be really rockin!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Short story from this summer. I was letting my friend drive my car when a Porsche Carrerra Pulls up next to us, and I just laffed because he wanted to race. So I told my friend NOT to race him, so my friend waits for the light to turn green, and throws a french fry in his window and hits him in the face, as he mis-shifts and proceeds to slow down and yell at us at the next light. He was a hot head he just screamed and tore off. Why would someone in a porsche carrera wanna race a Taurus?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Hey Joe,
How come I haven't seen you before on here if you have been around for almost five months. You have to come on more often. I have basically the same car as you but no sunroof. Anyways, feel free to check out my garage and my pics at superford. If your interested in modding anything feel free to ask away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts