Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin owns a 3rd gen Sable (96' I believe) and needs to have her keypad code (not the user setable code, the factory code)changed. Unfortunately someone she knows has gotten the code (probably off the trunk hinge) without her knowledge and has stolen money from her car. Anywho, I remember seeing an article on an old Taurus website that explaned how to change the permanent factory code, but unfortunately I cannot find it now. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance.

- Jay

S

·
0 Posts
A friend of mine got my code once.. when I was showing him through my car he was it on the remote keyless box, then he's like, "Now I know the code!!" so I closed the trunk and he went and typed a few buttons on the keypad, unlocked the doors, then I locked them again with my remote, he types a bunch more, and finally nothing is happening, so I go type in my personal code and it doesn't work!.. he reset it without knowing, at the time I didn't know the factory code off hand.. but I have a remote so what's the difference.

Now I use the original keypad code thought.. and the guy is a good friend of mine so I trust him with the code. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't him that stole my radio.. I don't think I would of needed a new window if it was him ^_^

·
Registered
341 Posts
you'd have to do like that article says and rewire the board...my 97 owners manual says you can't change the factory code, you can just set a personal code.

perhaps a stealership would know...

X

·
0 Posts
If you cannot change the code, you will have to buy a new module. I'm sure they don't cost too much if you look around at junk yards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts