Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE can i find the keypad code on my 2001 sel
i don't have the warranty card i checked fuse box not there either

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
I've read that it is near the fuse box on the drivers side up above the brake and accelerator pedals. I hope this helps. It's a 5 digit code.

-Kyle

·
Registered
318 Posts
Check on the left trunk hinge for a white sticker with a 5 digit code printed in black. Sometimes, the sticker's on the inside of the trunk lid, too.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
So far all the places that have been mentioned are the right ones :thumb:

Just hope yours isn't like mine was and the damn stickers were missing. I had to bring it to the dealer and they read the code for me. Good thing i was able to convince the service manager that the guy who sold me the car (3 years ago) told me that they would read it for free since they didn't have the code when they sold me the car. Would have cost like 40 bucks or so to get the code if he hadn't believed me.

Either way you get it i'd suggest you write it down in the owners manual on the page where it explains how to program it since you can use it to reprogram it if you forget the number and it would also be handy for the next owner when you sell the car some day.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Were there no stickers there or did the numbers on the stickers just not work? Sounds like you might have to do what i did and take it to the dealer to get the code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts