Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 99, and I found the box with the code, but it was taped. I pulled the taps off, and the code came with it. Now I know the first 3 digits.....Is there anywhere else this is posted in the 99?

QUOTE (lichring @ Feb 7 2009, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=699836
i actually found mine very east right hand side of the grey control box above gas pedal just put seat fully back and get on ur back and give the box a gentle pull to left and is in middle will be in center 5 digits long[/b]

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
QUOTE (99 Taurus39 @ Mar 1 2009, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704359
I have a 99, and I found the box with the code, but it was taped. I pulled the taps off, and the code came with it. Now I know the first 3 digits.....Is there anywhere else this is posted in the 99?

QUOTE (lichring @ Feb 7 2009, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=699836
i actually found mine very east right hand side of the grey control box above gas pedal just put seat fully back and get on ur back and give the box a gentle pull to left and is in middle will be in center 5 digits long[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Have you tried looking at the back of the tape. You should be able to make out the digits that were there. Only their mirror image.

It could be in the trunk. Or that is the G2s. I don't remember. But it would be faster to try the 25 available codes.
Open Excel or Oo_Org calc and make a sheet .
you only have 25 codes. So in the first 3 columns enter you first 3 digits.
in the next 2 Cells for the first row enter 1 and 1
then 1 3 then 1 5 then 1 7 then 1 9.
Repeat but for 1 enter 3. Like so.

Then repeat down to 9. Then try it out. Probably won;t take more then 4 minutes.
Also. After EACH code attempt. Press 7 & 9 together. This will lock your doors and make the system ready to enter a new code. Worked for me but I only have the last position to worry about.

So say your 3 digits that your recovered are 0 0 0 X Y
Find X and Y
It would look like the included attachment
[attachment=29876:LIST.GIF]

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
:wub: Finally got my new car yesterday.. I am looking to find the key code on my 2002 sable. for some reason even on the wikki my cars code location is missing. Can anyone tell me where to look?

Need to go give my car its first bath and cleaning today. Rides beautiful now after all the major overhaul my mechanic did to it. Actually feels funny driving a car with brakes.

I also was going to take it in to get a nitrogen fill on my tires, won a free one and found out from a little sticker on my door thats what the previous owner had done :D

But really need info on the key code since I have or least had a bad habit of locking my keys in my old car :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
It'll actually be in the same place as a 00-01, just reach back there and get the tear off tag.

·
Registered
68 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Nov 10 2009, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766018
It'll actually be in the same place as a 00-01, just reach back there and get the tear off tag.[/b]

Yeah I think I saw it its on the back of the long panel fuse box? Yellow tag? Im tiny soo I got under there pretty good. I just got a mirror soo when I find my flashlight Im going to go fetch it. Thanks so much!
;)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yup. On the very back, the tag is tapered, so you can gear it off and tape it somewhere. I doubt you'll be able to read it with a mirror...but good luck trying to get at it :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
:wub: :banana: Thanks soo much this site is great.. Just went outside took my 3 inch mirror held it up and got my code!! It was on the back side of my fuse box near the firewall lol

now I just have to read how to use it and reset it. Great for me to know since I had a very bad habit of locking my keys in my Lumina.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
QUOTE (lismarmis @ Nov 11 2009, 12:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766255
:wub: :banana: Thanks soo much this site is great.. Just went outside took my 3 inch mirror held it up and got my code!! It was on the back side of my fuse box near the firewall lol

now I just have to read how to use it and reset it. Great for me to know since I had a very bad habit of locking my keys in my Lumina.[/b]
the key markings on the key pad are shared.
[1/2]
[3/4]
[5/6]
[7/8]
[9/0]

Say your code is 4 2 3 7 0

You would actually press
3 1 3 7 9

• And it will pop the drivers door,
  • press Code + 3 unlocks all doors
  • press code + 5 unlocks trunk
  • press code + 1 + code (5 - 8 digits) add a new user code
  • Only one user code can be added. Every new user code, erases the last.
  • press code + 1 + nothing erases user code
  • Codes on stickers and dealer cards are non-erasable. (read permanent). Do not give it to someone you plan on knowing for less time than the duration you will own the vehicle
  • The only way to change a permanent code is to replace the GEM computer behind the fuse box.
  • Pressing no code, then 7 & 9 simultaneously will lock all doors and set factory alarm, if equipped.
There is your user manual.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Here's a few bits for Nick to add to the wiki, I didn't want to jack the excellent article.

The G1 master code can be re-programmed. You have to open the box and re-solder the five resistors that set the code. I can't find the procedure, but I can tell you how.

The 93-97 RKE box seems to store the user code in NVRAM. I had mine disconnected from battery about a year and it still had the code I set upon reconnection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome

Recently I bought a 1988 Taurus Wagon with zip code. I found in the trunk module glued code but not working - wrong. How can I recover the correct code? Or reset and the new to make?
The castle is closed by pressing two buttons and responds to recent press, handle, etc.

Thank you for your advice and greet

Mardan

·
Registered
3 Posts
just found mine! hell ya! ive had the car a year and have lookd bout 10x's. thats a great hidding spot. no need for a mirror, just lightly move the harness till u can see the 5 digits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found the 5 digit code but not working. The castle is closed by pressing the 7 / 8 9 / 0 but does not react to new security code on the module in the trunk.

Maybe someone has a diagram of where to look for the cause? Where is the control panel? At the door?

Or the module can be changed and the code is incorrect - the VIN-e can be reached? Where do I ask if I did?

Thank you for your advice and greet

Mardan

Mario

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Does each button make the interior light up and all buttons on the keypad? Go through and test each one. If you find one that doesn,t time for a new keypad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not thought about it. Tomorrow check.

A realizes that the second generation passes to the first generation? From Lincoln, Sable, Taurus is the same as I am not mistaken.

Big thank you:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bull Geek - but you were right - the key does not work 3 / 4. First, look out, or how the cable is pulled away and eventually buy a new lock. Thanks so much for your advice.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
So all you need is a new keypad and you'll be back in business, cool! Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gentlemen - help! Ni emogę find anywhere to buy the keyboard! On Ebay there is no (but are newer and do not fold) in the RockAuto unless terz but not bad looking ...
Where do I ask, look to buy?

Thanks and greetings!

·
Registered
198 Posts
QUOTE (lismarmis @ Nov 11 2009, 12:31 PM)
the key markings on the key pad are shared.
[1/2]
[3/4]
[5/6]
[7/8]
[9/0]

Say your code is 4 2 3 7 0

You would actually press
3 1 3 7 9

• And it will pop the drivers door,
  • press Code + 3 unlocks all doors
  • press code + 5 unlocks trunk
  • press code + 1 + code (5 - 8 digits) add a new user code
  • Only one user code can be added. Every new user code, erases the last.
  • press code + 1 + nothing erases user code
  • Codes on stickers and dealer cards are non-erasable. (read permanent). Do not give it to someone you plan on knowing for less time than the duration you will own the vehicle
  • The only way to change a permanent code is to replace the GEM computer behind the fuse box.
  • Pressing no code, then 7 & 9 simultaneously will lock all doors and set factory alarm, if equipped.
There is your user manual.

i know this is an old thread but i just found it so thanks for the info. i was getting so frustrated with not know the code i almost replaced the door with one that dont have the keycode in it. so thanx a ton again

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i know this is an old thread but i just found it so thanks for the info. i was getting so frustrated with not know the code i almost replaced the door with one that dont have the keycode in it. so thanx a ton again
Yep, great thread. I had wanted to search for this on here...now I won't have to look.

Gotta check this out, I hope it's where it is supposed to be!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You are the second 2000 SEL owner I know of that can't find the dang code. If you go back under the dash, have you looked on the back side of the fusebox? Did you find any tape covering up anything?
2002 SEL. I crawled up under the dash last weekend and could not find the code. By "back of fusebox", do you mean the back of the actual box or the cover? I looked around the sides of the fusebox and inside the cover...could not see it. I don't know if I can get in a position to actually see the back side of the fusebox. Might have to try the mirror method.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.