Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow awsome information on where to look for the code. I wish I read this last week before I gave the dealer $50.00 to tell it to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great info guys, I paid the dealer over $100 bucks to pull the code when I got my 99SE. Now I got the code myself off that little firewall-facing label using a mirror on my 2000 Sable. I love beating "the man"!
Outstanding! Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had gen 2 taurii before and knew where the code was. After getting the 01 and not finding it in the same place, I was a bit pissed. I did a quick search and now I know to go look at my computer module.

Thanks for the info! :)

I have been out there 3 times looking for it and have not found anything. I cant find the code anywhere. Can anyone provide any other help or any of places the code may be???

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have found it!! Is it odd that it has the same number for 4 out of the 5 digits?

Anywho, for those who may be looking in the future, mine was vertical on a yellow piece of paper. The paper was push behind the computer and so the little portion sticking out with the code on it was angled toward the firewall...making it even harder to locate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just bought a 2007 Taurus and the dealer said all of the owner's material was in a sealed package so I believed him. When I opened the package, the warranty booklet, the owner's wallet card and the security code were missing. I called the salesman and left a voice mail which he never returned. I sent an email to the place and got a call from the used car manager.

The used car manager told me that he would get me the security code and there was normally a charge but he would not charge me. What a deal. So I told him to send it to me. He said he needed the car so he could hook it up to the factory computer and reprogram the factory security code. I figured he knew what he was talking about, but apparently not.

I knew the code was on the computer, but I did not know where the computer was. So, in 60 seconds I have the code. I am 80 miles from the dealer. I will not waste my time telling the dealer, since it sounds like he just wanted me to think it was a big deal and maybe he could sell me a high cost extended warranty. Has anyone been able to understand why the extended warranty cost is still high, when Ford now has the 3-36000 warranty and also the 5 year-60000 mile powertrain warranty. A 5 year 75000 mile warranty is around $1,800. Of course, why is the cost of 50-50 coolant more than the cost of 100% coolant. Amazing, but true.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I went ahead and added this information, condensed into the wiki w/pictures. Edited the 1st post as well. If you have a G1 or 2 or a 2002 model and wouldn't mind sharing the location of your keypad code (we'll fuzz it out) with a picture, it'd be much appreciated :D

http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/1...and_Programming

·
Registered
1 Posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Oh..after 4 hours on the net ..from the trunk to the steering wheel..I fopund the 5 digits..THANK YOU...For my 1999 Taurus I found it under the dash to the right of steering column on a grey plastic box. It was on the side facing the passenger side with less than 2 " to place the mirror.

BUT, when I punched the 5 digits on the key pad nothing happened, the numbers do light up but the lock mechanism is quite and will not talk talk to me.

Anyone knows why?[/font]

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Oh..after 4 hours on the net ..from the trunk to the steering wheel..I fopund the 5 digits..THANK YOU...For my 1999 Taurus I found it under the dash to the right of steering column on a grey plastic box. It was on the side facing the passenger side with less than 2 " to place the mirror.

BUT, when I punched the 5 digits on the key pad nothing happened, the numbers do light up but the lock mechanism is quite and will not talk talk to me.

Anyone knows why?[/font]

[/b]

When it's dark out, hit the 1-2 button. See if it lights up, as well as the rest of the interior. Wait till the lights go out, then try the 3-4 button, repeat this process for the rest of the buttons. If one of the buttons don't light up...time for a new keypad probably.

·
Registered
1 Posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I found it with no problem. It just requires getting on the driver's side floor board and using some sort of light to shine on the side of the fuse box. I joined just to say thank you!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I found it with no problem. It just requires getting on the driver's side floor board and using some sort of light to shine on the side of the fuse box. I joined just to say thank you!
[/b]
Glad you found it. Ford certainly didn't make it easy.

Off topic, but Gvillenative wouldn't happen to stand for Greenville in SC, would it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
made a video of it but its dark so you cant really see it but my 03 taurus had it located on a sticker right against the carpet on a sticker on the side of the computer module. also does anyone no what the switch is that is at the end of the video? switch just says on/off.(car does have aftermarket autostart, is that part of it?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well after a long search it turned out to be on the computer module after all!
The mirror really helped narrow it down. Mine was located in the Top Right corner area of the Computer Module. It was behind the module on a break away paper tab.

After a couple good pulls it snapped in half but I managed to pull the rest off.

Here is what mine looked like after pulled.

(someone can grab that pic and add it to the first post if needed. I wasn't sure how to upload images to the forums as above)
[/b]
i've got the same model and trim, and was going to give up, til i found your post..i'm looking first thing tomorrow!!

i'll post again with the result :x:

·
Registered
6 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Well after a long search it turned out to be on the computer module after all!
The mirror really helped narrow it down. Mine was located in the Top Right corner area of the Computer Module. It was behind the module on a break away paper tab.

After a couple good pulls it snapped in half but I managed to pull the rest off.

Here is what mine looked like after pulled.

(someone can grab that pic and add it to the first post if needed. I wasn't sure how to upload images to the forums as above)
[/b]
i've got the same model and trim, and was going to give up, til i found your post..i'm looking first thing tomorrow!!

i'll post again with the result :x:
[/b][/quote]

ok i couldnt wait, so i went looking..and after a half hour of scanning peices of plastic and stickers..i found my yellow tab, it was against the wall and i had to flip it down to read it, couldnt get a clear pic with my camera but i was able to contort myself to be able to read it and it works!! :mj_banana:

thank you guys so much for providing me with the information i needed to find it..i will never need to worry about locking my keys in my car!! :notworthy:

heres a pic of it:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Good deal man, congrats :thumb:

Good deal man, congrats :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info :D One thing that helped me find the code in my Sable was when I got on my knees, I stuck my head in far enough to be able to see the rod the brake pedal is on, and I put the lens of my digital camera right behind that (on the right side), and it gave me a perfect picture :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow thanks! Even though this doesn't apply to me, it is still helpful for future reference. :notworthy:

This along what the guys at Pearson Ford (my local Ford dealer), taught me some little tricks the o so few know. This is a great tip! :banana:

·
Registered
201 Posts
i actually found mine very east right hand side of the grey control box above gas pedal just put seat fully back and get on ur back and give the box a gentle pull to left and is in middle will be in center 5 digits long

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.