Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would i be able to find out if my car has this feature?, got the car didnt come with the keyless remote, but i wanna be sure, its a 99se vulcan, any help would be great thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
look under the dash directly above the gas peddal....if you see a white box ( a big one) then you got it, else you dont. on a 99....it was a standard option on everything except some fleet vehicles, so chances are you have it.

Brad

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Baby SHO @ Jun 6 2004, 01:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=63462
look under the dash directly above the gas peddal....if you see a white box ( a big one) then you got it, else you dont. on a 99....it was a standard option on everything except some fleet vehicles, so chances are you have it.

Brad[/b]
Is this the same as the 1998? My car has all the options, security, etc but the car came with one key and the previous owner said he didnt know. If not can you install one or do you need to go get a auto start kit.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (ScottP @ May 1 2010, 03:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=801296
QUOTE (Baby SHO @ Jun 6 2004, 01:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=63462

Brad[/b]
Is this the same as the 1998? My car has all the options, security, etc but the car came with one key and the previous owner said he didnt know. If not can you install one or do you need to go get a auto start kit.
[/b][/quote]
Quoted from the Topic Finder at the top of the page:
All doors must be Closed. Insert key in ignition and QUICKLY (not more than 1 second between positions) move from OFF To RUN (not START) 5 times (for 1996 and 1997 models) or 8 times (1998 to 2007 models). Ending in RUN. If the doors lock and then unlock then you have keyless entry.

Within 20 seconds, press any button on an transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each transmitter.

NOTE: If the door locks do not respond for any transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again.[/b]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts