Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Taurus 97 LX with keyless entry remote control.

The remote is not working as it used to.

The Trunk Release and the Panic functions works fine.

But the lock / unlock are not working fine.

The unlock unlocks only the Driver door (used to unlock all 4 doors). and the Lock option does not lock anything

Also, the autolock option, is not working anymore (i also reprogramed it, but the doors doesn't locks automatically anymore.

Any tips?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by Aranha@Aug 30 2004, 05:38 PM
I have a Taurus 97 LX with keyless entry remote control. The remote is not working as it used to. The Trunk Release and the Panic functions works fine. But the lock / unlock are not working fine. The unlock unlocks only the Driver door (used to unlock all 4 doors). and the Lock option does not lock anything. Also, the autolock option, is not working anymore (i also reprogramed it, but the doors doesn't locks automatically anymore. Any tips?
Aranha, your FOB keyless transmitter may be bad. I am assuming that you have checked the batteries since some of the functions still work. If you need new ones, check ebay. I bought two of them for my 97 Taurus last year on eBay for for 1/4 of the dealer cost. Good luck!

·
Registered
341 Posts
the unlock button (on my 97 lx, same as yours) has to be pressed twice..once for drivers door, and a second time for the rest. if the transmitter is cutting out on you, then maybe your second button depression isn't being sent. also, the top two buttons (lock/unlock), i believe, run on one battery (at least their contacts are lined up with the top battery) and the panic/trunk work with the bottom one. if you have a loose connection (the little arms inside that grasp the battery for connection) then that could explain it.

try holding your remote vertical, i do that now and it works every time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good thought LoadLX...I didn't think about each battery working for two buttons. I may test that later today since I think I still have a bad battery in the center console (for number purposes). I do a lot with electronics so I am kind of curious if they actually designed the FOB to work this way -- sort of surprising to me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i took mine apart and the little V that holds the battery in has to make a connection. mine were loose, i tipped it upside down and the batts fell out. i squeezed them together and they worked for about a week and then started again. so like i said, i hold mine vertical and its worked fine for about three weeks now. i figure the batt slides because its loose and makes connection with the little V thing...thus allowing it to work. i suppose you could solder it in there, but it'd be a bitch to replace and i wouldn't want to put a hot soldering iron on a battery of any kind.

i'd assume you'd have to have both batteries in the remote for it to work...but the way mine looks it seems to me that the contacts on the bottom of the buttons line up perfectly with each individual battery.

let me know what you figure out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You could try reprogramming the remote. On my 2001, you put the key in the ignition and turn from off to on 8 times - without starting the car. When you hit the right number of cycles, the locks will fire. At this point, you can program as many remotes as you want just by pressing any lock button.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Where is the transmitter/receiver for remote lock/unlock mounted in the car? (gen 4)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts