Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking through your forums the other day and found the amazingly helpful guide on where to find the keypad code as mine has been missing for over 10 years and I have been too cheap to pay to get it found at a dealership. I got in and found the code on the side of the computer module and went to try it and got nothing. I verified that I did write down the code right and tried it again. Still nothing. I then checked to make sure that all the buttons were working. All of them lit up the back light when pressed, even though some of them took more force than others. I can lock the doors by pressing the last two buttons simultaneously. Unless I'm retarded and didn't really get the door code is there anything else that could be the problem? I recently pulled out the fuse that made my dome lights automatically come on when a door was "ajar" because my door sensors are broken, but I didn't really figure that could cause the problem. Anyways, any help is appreciated.

[attachment=33250:computer_module.jpg]

The code is on that white sticker right?

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Fuse 23, 5 amp is the only fuse for the remote entry and that powers the module which lights the keypad, so its the not fuse. Check in the door jamb for any broke wires. The keypads go bad, doubtful its the module. You can check for continuity between the keypad and module, there's 6 wires that you'd be checking. The light blue wire is for the light. If there are no breaks, it's probably a bad keypad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (goodbrosUIT @ May 23 2010, 09:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806407
Fuse 23, 5 amp is the only fuse for the remote entry and that powers the module which lights the keypad, so its the not fuse. Check in the door jamb for any broke wires. The keypads go bad, doubtful its the module. You can check for continuity between the keypad and module, there's 6 wires that you'd be checking. The light blue wire is for the light. If there are no breaks, it's probably a bad keypad.[/b]
Ok, I'll look into it in the morning when it's light enough outside to see all that stuff. I guess it's possible that one of the wires got broken because my door panel has broken off a few times and is now taped on because my mechanic couldn't find a replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (goodbrosUIT @ May 23 2010, 08:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806407
Fuse 23, 5 amp is the only fuse for the remote entry and that powers the module which lights the keypad, so its the not fuse. Check in the door jamb for any broke wires. The keypads go bad, doubtful its the module. You can check for continuity between the keypad and module, there's 6 wires that you'd be checking. The light blue wire is for the light. If there are no breaks, it's probably a bad keypad.[/b]
One of the wires was broken so I went ahead and reconnected it and everything works fine now. Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts