Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never really done anything to my 97 taurus, i was looking into installing keyless entry on it but i really don't want to spend the money for someone to install it for me. I have been looking around for how hard it would be and how to do it but there is not much out there. If anyone out there has any instructions, picture, or any other advice for me installation i would great appreciate it.

I have read many things on the internet but i can't find what they use to connect the wires so i will need to know this too.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
A good person to ask this questions would be Baby SHO (Brad). You can PM him or i'm sure he will eventualy see this thread and respond to it.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
based on what you ahve told us, id reccomend professional installation. Its not worth saving $60 to screw up your car. If your not farmiliar with electronics, id reccomend that you not take this on.

If you still want to, You need to connect to 4 wires minimum.

You need to make a ground connection to the body somewhere.

The wires you need to connect will be:

Constant power (at ignition harness)
Swiched Power (at igntion harness)
lock (in drivers kick pannel)
unlock (in drivers kick pannel)

Now, if you had to ask what to use to connect the wires, then id reccoment professional installation.

If you are going to ask where the driversk kick pannel or ignition harness is or what to look for then once again, id reccomend professional installation.

If you still want to undertake this, i will be glad to answer any questions you have or provide wire colors if needed. Most keyless systems have more wires than the above described, most are not needed.

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts