Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with the push button keyless entry, I dont know how to reset the code to the factory setting, and it says to look on either a card or the computer module for the factory code.. I know its 5 digits lol and thats it..

where would the computer module be located? because thats what the owners manual says the code will be printed.

2000 DOHC SE "comfort" ---Toreador Red

·
Registered
318 Posts
Actually, I don't think you can "reset" the factory codes. You can add a "custom code", but the factory code will always still work, too.
The codes are usually on a card in the owner's manual packet, and on a white sticker the left trunk hinge. In a wagon, they're on a white sticker under the carpet to the right of the foot well just inside the liftgate.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a problem in that reguard (sorry to take this thread), I have a 92 SHO, and I looked on the lid of my trunk (passenger side), and could not find a sticker with my code on it. The car also did not come with an owners manual, so..that idea is shot as well....so what I am asking is, is there any other way to find a code on my car...because I want to be able to use the feature in one of those unavoidable lockout sitiuations...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Would the sticker be on the back of the unit, or the sides, or the front, because I haven't taken it off and looked for the code physically, also, on my 92 SHO, it was behind the cardboard on the drivers side.....so I dunno whats going on, also, I dun see an amp behind my back seat, and wondering if that means there is no amp, or that it is in the dash somewhere.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts