Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '06 came with only one key, and one keyless entry remote. How involved is getting a second of each one? Does it require a visit to the dealer? Is there a chip in the key (which is black)?

It also has the touch pad on the door, with no idea what the code is.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nick.

There is no owners manual, or anything else in the car. I've looked up underneath the column. There has been something aftermarket installed.. A remote start? Homing pigeon finder? I'm not sure. I think that my best bet is to see what was installed before I try to figure the factory stuff.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You should grab a picture or two and post it up on TCCA of what you're seeing...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

it comes out of a factory harness, thru an inline fuse, some round thing, to a relay then a small box (tied off with white plastic ties)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That looks like a remote start like device. Try clicking the lock button on your clicker 3 times, see if the car cranks up...(if you have a factory remote clicker).

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Too bad you don't live near me, I have 2 owner manuals for mine, one is for the '06, the other for '07 year. You can find owner manuals on ebay as well. When I bought mine from the dealer, I "made" them get a second remote, and program it for me, as mine had 2 keys, but only 1 remote when I bought it over 3 years ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I removed the panel below the column to get a better look. It's aftermarket for sure. The wiring is as follows..

*the yellow w/white trace wire is tapped into
*the grey w/yellow trace wire is tapped into
*the red w/blue trace is cut completely in two. the a/m wire goes up to the device pictured above, then comes back down to the other half of the red w/blue wire

I'm going to see who the selling dealer was, maybe it was local and I can find out what brand it is

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I removed the panel below the column to get a better look. It's aftermarket for sure. The wiring is as follows..

*the yellow w/white trace wire is tapped into
*the grey w/yellow trace wire is tapped into
*the red w/blue trace is cut completely in two. the a/m wire goes up to the device pictured above, then comes back down to the other half of the red w/blue wire

I'm going to see who the selling dealer was, maybe it was local and I can find out what brand it is
You could also ask a aftermarket car audio shop that installs them. Maybe they have a remote they can program so you can use it.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Look by your inside rearview mirror and check for a mini antenna.
That would also denote a remote start.
When we purchased my wife's 04, we didn't realize it had a remote start either!! :lol2:

There might also be a sticker in the engine bay saying the car has a remote start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.