Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new taurus but the set of keys i got with it did not have a key fob with it and i was wondering if there was a way to find out if my car will except the use of a key fob or are all newer cars acceptable to have them if u program it to the car?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
What year make/model/trim of Taurus do you have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have to get a couple keys made at my local ford dealer so i thought while the car was there to get keys made and programmed i mights as well get a key fob or two done while it was all there and being done.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Test for it.

All doors must be Closed. Insert key in ignition and QUICKLY (not more than 1 second between positions) move from OFF To RUN (not START) 5 times (for 1996 and 1997 models) or 8 times (1998 to 2007 models). Ending in RUN. If the doors lock and then unlock then you have keyless entry.

Within 20 seconds, press any button on an transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each transmitter.

NOTE: If the door locks do not respond for any transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again.

You can buy remotes on eBay for $15/piece shipped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts