Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Jun 15 2009, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732490
Quik Detailer and clay bar (clay bar every month)[/b]

I Spent about two hours on the interior yesterday and about an hour this afternoon doing a quick wash and polish.

I've noticed that the scratches are standing out more and more and even after I polish them out they come back. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Jun 15 2009, 05:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732497

I Spent about two hours on the interior yesterday and about an hour this afternoon doing a quick wash and polish.

I've noticed that the scratches are standing out more and more and even after I polish them out they come back. Any suggestions?
[/b][/quote]

Clay bar, Polish with a buffer.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Mine is fairly clean regardless lol. Just wash it once a week, interior wise clean up your mess no matter what it is and vaccum regularly. If you keep it up, it will be a fairly clean car.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Clay Bar each month?! Man I'd feel bad for my arm...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Clean up every chance you get! I just spent 3 hours power washing seats and carpet. F**king wife spilled juice and coffee in it! Clay every month and wax, polish and buff out any imperfections you see in the body. :D

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Man, I wish I had that kind of time... :(

My poor Taurus is already dirty, and can tell it is owned by a single man who works all the time, all full of stuff for work and other misc crap :p

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (TaurusKev @ Jun 17 2009, 08:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733129

My poor Taurus is already dirty, and can tell it is owned by a single man who works all the time, all full of stuff for work and other misc crap :p[/b]
Being married with four kids = magic marker line in the back seat and owning two dogs and a trip to the vet = dog hair every where...

I really want to keep my car clean.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Jun 18 2009, 06:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733220
QUOTE (TaurusKev @ Jun 17 2009, 08:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733129

My poor Taurus is already dirty, and can tell it is owned by a single man who works all the time, all full of stuff for work and other misc crap :p[/b]
Being married with four kids = magic marker line in the back seat and owning two dogs and a trip to the vet = dog hair every where...

I really want to keep my car clean.
[/b][/quote]

woolite/water mixture will more than likely take out the marker... if it's leather, I'm not sure about cloth seats. For the dog hair, they do make a specific pet hair remover....

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used a tire brush to remove the hair off the cloth seats and the marker came out with some upholstery cleaner.

What does everyone do to make cleaning their car the next time a little bit easier?

Grandma covered everything in plastic... :smile:

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you want to get rid of the dog hair in the back, you dont have to use a vacuum or a lint brush, just use a lightly damp rag or facecloth and it picks all the hair right up, quickly too. the dog rides in my wagon all the time, and sheds all over, and he gets those sticky little poplar buds from the trees out here on his paws and they stain the seats (cloth), and if anybody's wondering how to get those out, you can clean them off with windex or simplegreen.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Every month? :blink: Isn't that overkill? I normally only do it once a year and keep it waxed....claying and rewaxing every month just seems like overkill when the wax should be lasting longer than that.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Claying every month is likely overkill unless you did poor prep work, crappy wax and you work at a refinery. 2-3 times/yr is probably more like it if you wash weekly with a quality car wash. Head on over to meguiarsonline.com for some good advice. But in a nutshell

clay
clean
polish
wax
maintain

Don't eat in the car, vacuum weekly and clean up any interior spills/dirt or exterior bird bombs, etc promptly and you should be fine. I have 3 kids and you can eat of the floors in our Tauri because they don't eat in it. Dogs??? I love dogs but they can ride in someone else's car and tear it up. I guess you can use seat covers for the pooch.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (CDChangerGuy @ Jun 21 2009, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734053
Claying every month is likely overkill unless you did poor prep work, crappy wax and you work at a refinery. 2-3 times/yr is probably more like it if you wash weekly with a quality car wash. Head on over to meguiarsonline.com for some good advice. But in a nutshell

clay
clean
polish
wax
maintain

Don't eat in the car, vacuum weekly and clean up any interior spills/dirt or exterior bird bombs, etc promptly and you should be fine. I have 3 kids and you can eat of the floors in our Tauri because they don't eat in it. Dogs??? I love dogs but they can ride in someone else's car and tear it up. I guess you can use seat covers for the pooch.[/b]

I've never clayed my car. I do clean it once a week with water, hit the outside with vinyl protectant, nanowax detailer from Meguiars and tire shine, and inside vacuum, and hit most of it with leather protectant once a week.
I let the children eat in the car and the dogs ride in it...

The more time I spend on the car the more and more I notice dents and scratches...

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Jun 21 2009, 04:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734070
The more time I spend on the car the more and more I notice dents and scratches...[/b]

That part pisses me off the most... I notice it too... Sometimes I kinda wish I got rear ended lightly to ###### the rear bumper up (it's already a bit scratched) so I can get insurance money to fix it, and force them to use Genuine Ford Parts.

But at the same time, I don't want more harm to come to my Taurus :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts