Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie here. 02 merc sable wagon dohc. i keep blowing the #26 window, antenna fuse. as soon as i try to replace the fuse, 10a, it blows. any suggestions? windows stuck down, in florida, raining like hell. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
newbie here. 02 merc sable wagon dohc. i keep blowing the #26 window, antenna fuse. as soon as i try to replace the fuse, 10a, it blows. any suggestions? windows stuck down, in florida, raining like hell. thanks everyone.
Generally, that indicates a direct short to ground, look at where the wires pass from the car interior to the door, look for chafed insulation or burn marks. Also, if that fuse serves the window and the antenna, try unplugging one or the other, then replace the fuse and see if it continues to blow. You will be able to narrow down the source of the problem.

If you have a wiring diagram, take a look at what #26 serves, is it all windows? The antenna motor? This will also help narrow down the problem area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have a wiring diagram. all of the wires appear to br in good condition. i took drivers door panel off, removed speaker, and looked at wiring in door also. also appears good. i unplugged window motor, still blew fuse immediately. i replace the swith and still blew fuse. i disconnected ground, replaced fuse, and hooked groung up....blew fuse. scratching my head! im not sure which plug is for antenna. i unplugged all 3 harnesses going into fuse block and it still blew out....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dug around in the door and door boot, and found a couple bare wires. repaired those, and voila! door locks. crap. not power windows like i was hoping. i tried disco antenna, nope. disco map light, nope. i replaced all of the window switches, nope. they look nice though. any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
do an ohms test on the wires from the fuse box to the switch, then from the switch to the motor. this will show if any wire has a break in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts