Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard so many great things about K&N filter kits but i dont know which one will fit my car, i have a 93 taurus gl 3.8, i checked the k&n site and still couldnt find out, does anyone know???

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Check Summit Racing

G

·
If you're talking about a Intake kit. They don't make any. You're going to want to get a Panel Filter. It's the OEM Shaped filter that goes to the filter box of the car. I think they make em for your year Taurus, but not too sure.

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I think that all the Taurus engines, minus the 4-cylinder, have the same filter size. Not sure though. I have the K&N and it was about $40 or so...got it online somewhere about four months ago. If you can't find the appropriate panel filter on K&N's website, go to Autozone and look at the book, then find the filter part number for a generic filter, and compare it to the Vulcan (3.0 OHV) filter. If they're the same part number, you know you're good to go, and you can get that one. IIRC, the Vulcan and the 'tec both have the exact same filters, so I think it's that way with the Essex as well.

JR

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
They make several different filters. It is not one size fits all.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Upon further investigation...

Gen I 4-cylinder p/n is 33-2024.
Gen I Vulcan p/n is 33-2024.
Gen II Essex p/n is 33-2024.
Gen II Vulcan p/n is 33-2024.
Gen II SHO p/n is 33-2040.
Gen III Duratec p/n is 33-2150.
Gen III Vulcan p/n is 33-2150.
Gen III SHO p/n is 33-2150.
Gen IV Duratec p/n is 33-2150.
Gen IV Vulcan p/n is 33-2150.

This is straight from K&N's wesbite for drop-in panel filters.

Many of them are the same.

JR

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I have a Cool Blue panel filter that I don't need and will let go for cheap. Fits the GEN 1-2 SHO.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I think the Taurus all use the same air filter within that generation. Looks like the Taurus from '86 through '95 all used one size, '96-'99 another and 2000 and up still another.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts