Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the k&n air filter this weekend, i put it in and was surprised that it did make a difference in the acceleration, i had a diagnostic test done i got a 6 hp boost WOW

well worth 50$ and i wont to buy another filter for a very long time

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean by diagnostic test. i didn't know they had one that tests hp
[/b]
sorry that was my friend that was making fun of me cuz i just got my filter and was happy

we are both only 16 he has no clue what he was talkin about he was just screwing with my account

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble, but a K&N on a stock Vulcan will not produce more that a 1 HP gain, and even that is a serious over estimate. Will a K&N get you a 6 HP gain on a 800 HP BBC or 460 Ford or 426 Hemi..... yes. Will it gain 6 HP on a 155 HP Vulcan..... no way.

Where did you get the 6 HP number from????? Did you have the car dynoed before / after the K&N install under otherwise identical conditions???

Was your old air filter totally plugged with dirt?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
once again that was my clueless friend

i did i small difference in acceleration but the 6hp is BS

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You got 6HP because the old filter was so clogged with dirt and **** that you LOST 6 HP.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
LOL @ anyone who didn't read, and is taking the "6hp" figure seriously. :rofl2:

My cai gave me 10 BDHP. That's butt-dyno horsepower. It's serious business. :burnout:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble, but a K&N on a stock Vulcan will not produce more that a 1 HP gain, and even that is a serious over estimate. Will a K&N get you a 6 HP gain on a 800 HP BBC or 460 Ford or 426 Hemi..... yes. Will it gain 6 HP on a 155 HP Vulcan..... no way.

Where did you get the 6 HP number from????? Did you have the car dynoed before / after the K&N install under otherwise identical conditions???

Was your old air filter totally plugged with dirt?
[/b]
If the old one was ****,and backed up,you could get six from it...i always figured the very most 3Hp..but put on some flowmasters,now we are talking:)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Or spend $100 on an underdrive pulley, and actually get 6 (or possibly more).

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Or spend $100 on an underdrive pulley, and actually get 6 (or possibly more).
[/b]
Agreed... UDP will be worth a real 6 to 10 HP gain.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Or have spent the extra $500-700 when the car was new and got an extra 45 hp :lol:

But then you'd have to deal with all that crap that comes with an OHC engine... :hmm:

Damn, I really need to get a 256 swapped into one of these.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts