Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I have been using a KD-SX980 Cdplayer for the last 18 months or so. However I CAN'T use the speaker outputs on the cd player. At just over half volume (28) with bass at +1 the amp is either clipping or shorting. I do not understand this. I just installed a cheap a** Koss cd player in my friends car and she can turn it up to over 3/4 volume with less distortion, and when the koss starts to its not so sudden and loud. The music will actually cut out completely sometimes, really doesn't encourage me to crank it up..

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
my old clarion head unit use to do and it was bc it could not get enough power when it needed it. i ran a power wire straight to it from the batery and it worked perfectly after that.

·
Banned
509 Posts
I dont like JVC anymore..
1st, I had a Video Camera, and then I put in a tape that had a wrinkle in it, and now it just eats tapes! No matter what! The SAME thing happened to my Bros JVC Camera too!
2nd, I bought a JVC DVD player, and ANY little scratch would make it skip, and pixelate, and freeze..

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
i had a JVC cd player and it broke in 13 months.. yup 1 month outta warranty *rollseyes*

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I hate to say it.....

Gotta love Pioneer, I have never (knocks on wood) had any problems with my Pioneer products either Home (Receiver/ CD Changer/ DVD Player) or Car (Head Unit (6 years old), CD Changer, 6" fronts, 6x9" rears, 300w amp and 12" IMPP subs)

so I would wager a safe bet that you would have no problems upgrading to a better brand name head unit....

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I've had the first generation of the JVC KD-LX30 el kameleon for over 4 years and i still love it and it still works fine. I figured it would have broke by now with the extra moving parts it's got, but it's still fine. I guess I'm just lucky as I don't hear too many good long term reviews of JVC stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have liked this cd player a lot since I got it. It does not skip that easily with normal street driving, I have played very scratched cds and had little issues. Only time those ones came out was with lots of heavy bass (from 4 15's) it would skip on scratched cd's.

Anyways, IF the player isn't getting enough power (it has a 15 amp fuse in it) wouldn't it blow the fuse in the fuse box rather than just clip out, or what... To me that is a possibility of the problem, but doesn't make much sense if it isn't blowing fuses..

Thanks
Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts