Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...I was just wondering about the tranny issues....I want to change the fluid ASAP....what kind should I use? also should I use Full syn? again what kind....also should I change the filter? I am not even sure if it has one...lol...thanks in advance...Garth

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
you can only use Mercon V, and full synthetic is best, and change the filter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/b]
great! is there a brand you would recommend? and again sorry for the questions...but is just dropping the pan sufficient? or do I need to pump the fluid out? I have in the past disconnected a tranny line at the radiator and pumped it out that way...;) Garth

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
great! is there a brand you would recommend? and again sorry for the questions...but is just dropping the pan sufficient? or do I need to pump the fluid out? I have in the past disconnected a tranny line at the radiator and pumped it out that way...;) Garth
[/b][/quote]

Check the Wiki on this site... There is a great article about changing the fluid/filter!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Check the Wiki on this site... There is a great article about changing the fluid/filter!

[/b][/quote]

will do thanks!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I used Hurst Hot shift in my Taurus and install a tranny cooler as soon as you can. Both will help.

Have a good one

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts