Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I knew they were gonna do something about all the bogus bids that it's been getting. At one point it was at like $99,999,999 or something like that.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Xmann01@Feb 17 2004, 09:45 PM
I knew they were gonna do something about all the bogus bids that it's been getting. At one point it was at like $99,999,999 or something like that.
damn, I didn't know that! But seriously, that's one of the most beautiful planes I have ever seen, if I had 2 million, it would be mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
But check out the items he has sold. He has been mostly a buyer. Any selling has been very small potatos. Now suddenly he has mutiple items for sale at more than 1 million a pop. I find it suspicious, but with the spotlight on him there is no way he'll get away with anything if they aren't for real. Even if they are for real it's not smart. No one is going to drop 1 million on a warehouse full of stuff when they have no history on the guy selling it.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know man...If I had the money, I would seriously buy it. I love planes, though I dont know too much about them, but I would still buy that. I would have flown to where he had the plane, and find out first hand if it is real, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Somethings fishy here.... F/A-18's, even early A models, aren't available for public sale. Hmmm.

He also supposedly has a MiG-29 for $3.5M. Oh, just to win part of the Powerball jackpot...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i cant believe he has no bids, thats a steal for 2 mil. lets all chip in and get it,we can use it like a company plane for the tcca events.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I saw this information on the news a few days ago. Apparently whoever wins will be able to "rent" the plane back to the government if they wish. It would most likely go to a private collector. Background checks will be made on all bidders to qualify. In other words, it ain't leavin' the states. The fuel drop tanks have been installed (not usually used for air shows). The only thing that was removed was the radio (probably some secure encryption equipment in it that the US isn't ready to make public).

-Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts