Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to install an aftermarket headunit and for some reason it wasn't working. So I was getting mad and trying to hurry it, and one little mistake and I let the headunit's body touch 12 V wire. So NOW...

Interior lights don't work..window switch lights, vanity mirror lights, and the map lights WHEN the car is ON at all times. Also the high beam led is on when the high beams aren't on. The high beam led comes OFF when the actual high beam is on though.

The headlights still work, the car turns on, the trunk light is on. So it's just the lights inside the car. Is this a few fuses? Or could have I fried something for good?

Also the map lights FLICKERED on and off when I shut the doors and LOCKED the car.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I bet some of the cluster don't work as well. Also the windows dont roll down im sure. Anyways its should be fuse #22. Had the same problem before

·
Registered
18 Posts
i did the same thing the other day if your fuses are layed out the same as my 2002 taurus it a 15 amp fuse near the top

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK and while we are at it. Anyone know how to wire up the Metra dash kit right? For some reason my headunit only came on like twice and didn't anymore while I was trying to get it right. Also the lights on the kit won't light. I have the red connected to the red, yellow to yellow, and black to black. I have one wire left over, like an orange w/ white stripes. Does that have to go somewhere? It worked right before with the Schoche kit.

Thanks for the fuse tips hopefully it's just that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
11 and 16 folks. Fuses 11 and 16 they were. :p

And I got the kit to work! Woohoo. Good day so far. Thanks for the helps guys.

...is it just me or is this place like really dead now?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i remember putting a new radio in mine i got it hooked up then i turned it up to set gains and it shut off. so i mess with it for like 3 hours, then a couple hours in the morning. i decided to re-rout the cigar lighter and that worked so i went for a small drive before work and noticed the speedo didnt work. got home and it was the radio fuse which apparently also has the speedometer too.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
...is it just me or is this place like really dead now?
It's not just you. I'm going to assume you didn't partake in the drama that went on a few months ago. All the regulars went somewhere else.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not just you. I'm going to assume you didn't partake in the drama that went on a few months ago. All the regulars went somewhere else.
No, I was here. I didn't think everyone would actually leave though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts