Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I actually followed through with my plans of wanting to get another Taurus. More specifically a Gen3 SHO like I planned. Trying to come back, I found one. Bought it today and I guess I just may be cursed in the "Taurus Dept." First off my Gen4 was totalled, and now, driving the SHO home it drove perfect for the first 90 miles of the trip. Then the unthinkable happened 5 miles from home. It appears I've lost all gears in the transmission. No reverse, drive, 2, or 1. Hopefully I get something figured out since I really want to enjoy owning this car. We'll see, but this is really making me reconsider belonging in a Taurus. :hmm:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out the transmission is fried. Luckily the bank is willing to increase the loan to cover the cost of getting a new transmission in there. In the meantime I'll take some pictures and be optimistic as possible. :)

EDIT: Added pictures are in this thread... http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=62203&hl=

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Rodrigoflip
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing