Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ouch.... this sucks im home for 3 days, so ill definitely be whoring alot....

now i was very pissed actually i asked the doctors (3 different ones) How long till i could smoke and they told me to quit.....and they would not give me an answer, they said they cannot for some reason.

so to anyone who has there wisdoms out, how long till you can smoke again?

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Well, most of the time they tell you how long till you can drink through a straw, or something like that. So what ever time limit they give for that is what I'd use. I mean after-all, you're basically sucking dirty, nasty, smelly contaminated air through a paper "straw", right??

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they said DO NOT USE a straw at all.... the sucking motion could hurt the stitches or something.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
personally I wouldn't want that crap in my mouth when I have open wounds, I mean just think about it. Just wait till you're completely healed, aka a few weeks if everything goes smoothly. If you smoke you have a chance of infecting the wounds, and creating more problems for yourself. I have had it done twice and neither time did I have problems.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Agreed with Randy.

And it's not the sucking motion that will mess you up, it's the pressure build up from sucking. The pressure will rip your stitches right out and you'll be back to where you were when you were unconcious at the doctor's office after he just yanked your teeth.

If you must smoke, just wait 3-5 more days. Basically, once you get back to hard food your clear to smoke.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I bet you'll smoke too soon anyway. Enjoy having contaminants close up in the wounds. The massive infection that follows will be a whole new universe of pain. :D

DONT FREAKIN SMOKE WHEN THERE ARE HOLES IN YOUR JAW.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
:lol: Sucking motion. Knott, you should've kept your wisdom teeth....

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
:lol: Sucking motion. Knott, you should've kept your wisdom teeth....
[/b]
Why?? They weren't helping any.

Hey this just might be the ONLY time Knott DOESN'T suck!!!!!!!!
But I'll bet anything I'm wrong. :chili: :chili:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
So he could continue to suck

·
Registered
478 Posts
Figure six to eight weeks, until recovery is complete. Same length of time that you can't eat raw vegetables....

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i had an infection on the lower left side after i had mine taken out... i still cant totally feel my lower left teeth in the front and i had them done june 11th.. i was lucky i had 5 to take out my mom only had three i got her missing one lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
WOW, I feel for ya. I remember when mine came out. Actually still have the tops. One of bottoms never pushed through gum all the way and rotted underneath. Had to be cut and broken out. Hurt and bled like hell for two days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts