Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the topic says. Now all I have to do is get them in and amp them. They are the Infinity 5x7 Kappa Series. They'll handle 125 watts RMS, 300 watts peak. I'll be giving them about 120. Will post pics of em later.

J

·
0 Posts
Awesome! I have Infinity 5x7/6x8's (same thing I guess...) in the rear and even just wiring them to the stock HU made a huge quality difference. Enjoy! B)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I used to have Infinity 6x9's in my 99 Lx, but wanted to get 5x7's and not have to screw around with cutting and making them fit in my 01. I love infinity, they're speakers sound awesome.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by mth676@Jun 10 2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I used to have Infinity 6x9's in my 99 Lx, but wanted to get 5x7's and not have to screw around with cutting and making them fit in my 01. I love infinity, they're speakers sound awesome.
You could have bottom mounted the 6x9's and they would have worked fine. You don't need to necessarily top mount them. I'm thinking about getting new 6x9's for my rear, and I'll probably get Infinity's...

JR

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32+Jun 10 2004, 02:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (godspunk32 @ Jun 10 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mth676@Jun 10 2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I used to have Infinity 6x9's in my 99 Lx, but wanted to get 5x7's and not have to screw around with cutting and making them fit in my 01.  I love infinity, they're speakers sound awesome.
You could have bottom mounted the 6x9's and they would have worked fine. You don't need to necessarily top mount them. I'm thinking about getting new 6x9's for my rear, and I'll probably get Infinity's...

JR [/b][/quote]
If you have anywhere near you that sells Boston Acoustics, go give them a listen. They have the best sounding 6x9's I've ever heard. B) They are a 3 way speaker too, if I remember correctly. Really, any Boston Acoustic speaker sounds great.

BTW, congrats on the new infinity speakers. I have a component set up front (5 1/4") woofer and a separate 1" silk dome tweeter. Sounds pretty good, but I'll probably be replacing those soon with a Boston Acoustics component speaker set.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

JR
Actually I tried that and it wouldnt work for 2 reasons mainly. One, I have a Gen IV, and the trunk spring were too close to the magnets, I.E. it would hit the speaker before the trunk closed. And 2, if you flush mount them like you would need to, the surround would have been hitting the bottom of the rear deck. I did try an adapter thing, but because of the space restriction from the springs, it wouldnt work.

My 6x9's were 3-way speakers. I still have them, my dad wants to puth them in his econoline. Otherwise I would post them on here for sale.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by mth676@Jun 10 2004, 06:13 PM

JR
Actually I tried that and it wouldnt work for 2 reasons mainly. One, I have a Gen IV, and the trunk spring were too close to the magnets, I.E. it would hit the speaker before the trunk closed. And 2, if you flush mount them like you would need to, the surround would have been hitting the bottom of the rear deck. I did try an adapter thing, but because of the space restriction from the springs, it wouldnt work.

My 6x9's were 3-way speakers. I still have them, my dad wants to puth them in his econoline. Otherwise I would post them on here for sale.
Thats what is nice about the Gen III, you have a crapload of room under the rear parcel shelf. I may or may not get the new ones. It depends on the fundage and if I really think I need to get rid of my Cerwins...they are kick a$$ speakers...

JR

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what is nice about the Gen III, you have a crapload of room under the rear parcel shelf. I may or may not get the new ones. It depends on the fundage and if I really think I need to get rid of my Cerwins...they are kick a$$ speakers...

JR
I know what you mean, when I had my Gen III thats how I had them mounted. Loved that car, I wish people wouldnt run red lights. <_<

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys! Is there REAL so big difference between for example Profile 6x9 on 200 watts max and those Infiniti Kappa? I have these Profile and I wouldn't say that thay are really loud, even know they are amped.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I would say that the Infinities are much better. They are much clearer sounding than most speakers. They also have an oversized cone which gives you more cone space out of a same size speaker, making them a little louder too. I would highly reccomend them.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Profile is a joke. Those things sell for like $20. You get what you pay for. I'd honestly say stock would sound better.

The Infinity Kappa is one of the best coaxial speakers on the market today. And they are a decent price for what you get. Do 4 of those Kappa 5x7's (or go Kappas in the front and References in the rear for a cheaper solution) amp them and you will have a huge smile on your face. Don't even worry about the rears if you have a sub.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Profile is a joke
Hmmm. That what I'm thinking about. They look at least good (Profile), have strong solid rubber, good cone, nice tweeter. Well, high isn't bad, but I didn't find any bass on those. Only sub helped. So finally I'll try to take pair of Infinity! THX

Do you think that 6"1/2 Kappa could be better in sound, bass? than 5x7 or 6x9?

·
Registered
183 Posts
its gonna be easier to build ur own 6x9 then to find any boston speakers, all the major retailers are dropping them from inventory cuz apperantly boston has been burning some bridges with them.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by Lucky@Jun 17 2004, 08:26 PM
its gonna be easier to build ur own 6x9 then to find any boston speakers, all the major retailers are dropping them from inventory cuz apperantly boston has been burning some bridges with them.
Hmmm.... haven't heard of that. I know Boston chooses its retailers carefully.... IE only those with higher end products..... At any rate, you will not regret buying Bostons :D

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Jun 17 2004, 09:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Jun 17 2004, 09:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lucky@Jun 17 2004, 08:26 PM
Hmmm.... haven't heard of that. I know Boston chooses its retailers carefully.... IE only those with higher end products..... At any rate, you will not regret buying Bostons :D [/b][/quote]
When a mfr like that decides that they're better than some retailers and chooses not to sell to them, that puts a bad taste in my mouth. Makes me think of the stereotypical rich snob who tends to look down upon everyone else.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by j0rd4n+Jun 18 2004, 05:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j0rd4n @ Jun 18 2004, 05:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 09:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lucky
@Jun 17 2004, 08:26 PM

Hmmm.... haven't heard of that. I know Boston chooses its retailers carefully.... IE only those with higher end products..... At any rate, you will not regret buying Bostons :D
When a mfr like that decides that they're better than some retailers and chooses not to sell to them, that puts a bad taste in my mouth. Makes me think of the stereotypical rich snob who tends to look down upon everyone else. [/b][/quote]
Well I think its better that they are that way. Look at it this way... Most high end audio components will be much more expensive than your standard best buy & circuit city type speakers. I guarantee they wouldn't sell too many in those stores, whereas the high end stores where everything is more expensive and aimed at the audiophile. Most of the time you go to those major retailers and no one knows what the heck they're talking about, the high end stores will have people on hand who do.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Jun 18 2004, 06:26 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Jun 18 2004, 06:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 05:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lucky

When a mfr like that decides that they're better than some retailers and chooses not to sell to them, that puts a bad taste in my mouth. Makes me think of the stereotypical rich snob who tends to look down upon everyone else.
Well I think its better that they are that way. Look at it this way... Most high end audio components will be much more expensive than your standard best buy & circuit city type speakers. I guarantee they wouldn't sell too many in those stores, whereas the high end stores where everything is more expensive and aimed at the audiophile. Most of the time you go to those major retailers and no one knows what the heck they're talking about, the high end stores will have people on hand who do. [/b][/quote]
no, if best buy or circuit city was given the chance to buy the stuff but rejected it because it wouldn't make them any money (due to the lack of true audiophiles, and instead people who want the cheapest stuff), i would have a different viewpoint on the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by j0rd4n+Jun 18 2004, 06:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j0rd4n @ Jun 18 2004, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 05:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lucky

Well I think its better that they are that way. Look at it this way... Most high end audio components will be much more expensive than your standard best buy & circuit city type speakers. I guarantee they wouldn't sell too many in those stores, whereas the high end stores where everything is more expensive and aimed at the audiophile. Most of the time you go to those major retailers and no one knows what the heck they're talking about, the high end stores will have people on hand who do.
no, if best buy or circuit city was given the chance to buy the stuff but rejected it because it wouldn't make them any money (due to the lack of true audiophiles, and instead people who want the cheapest stuff), i would have a different viewpoint on the whole thing. [/b][/quote]
So what is your view? You just think they're like rich snobs who think most retailers aren't good enough to sell their products?

Really, I doubt best buy or circuit city would buy them if they had the chance.... the top of the line bostons go for like $2700 a pair. I really doubt they'd do it....

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
my view is just as it was. if you want to get a broad similar stereotype, think of the KKK. :D they didn't like black people. boston doesn't like people they think are inferior :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
someone please tell me i didnt just read that. :b****slap:
btw just so everyone knows, i was refering to retailers like cartoys, tweeter, and crutchfield. and some other retailers. the best thing best buy and circuit city carry is punch z fosgates. and so you know yes bostons are expensive, but there is no way in hell they cost 2700 unless ur gettin some crank with it too. the best pair i know of that they have out ( that are not even 5x7) cost a grand for component system. expensive yes, worth it, not really.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts