Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was younger, I remember riding in my uncle's 95 silver Taurus, and throwing up in it.
About a month ago, I got into a car accident that totalled out my 2006 Suzuki Forenza, and I was car-less.
But, just this past week, my grandmother decided she didn't want to drive anymore and gave me her 2000 Ford Taurus SES thats a lovely shade of forest green, and equipped with many large spiders.. But it only has 61k miles!

Anyways, to get to the point, I'm an 18 year old high school student, driving my grandmothers old car, and that's how I feel....
Is there anything I can do to make my car look less like it's been sitting around for 10 years? :huh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with egiroux...wash and wax should help alot in that department. I would also make sure spark plugs and filters are new. If you have money to spend...I'm sure you could find things to fix/replace.

Also...in this case...thread is worthless without pics. Let us see the car...and we can point out things that need fixed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you can take it to a detailer they will work wonders. i had a detailer work on my vette which was white but had major swirls. have them clay bar iy, buff it with compound and then polish it and after wax it. it will look like a new car literally. go over all the standard areas. if the front light are yellow you may consider putting in some new lenses that works wonders on its own.

·
Registered
587 Posts
could try putting in a stero having it tinted and tinting the tal lights etc.. cold air intake there is a lot of info floating around on this site just search for it lol's.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
could try putting in a stero having it tinted and tinting the tal lights etc.. cold air intake there is a lot of info floating around on this site just search for it lol's.
All this stuff is like having a TV on a honeymoon. Not necessary.

Clean it inside and out, change the air and fuel filters and drive it......

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can get everything you need to do your own full detail inside and out at any auto parts store for way cheaper than you'd pay for it professionally done, considering you just bought a taurus, I'd guess you'd probably go that route... If you just put your time into it, it can come out very nice. I had a 6 month old coffee stain (a whole 20oz worth) on my passenger floor board and a $4 can of foaming carpet shampoo brought it right out. works fine on oil/grease too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations! Well, since I too am an 18 year old high school student I can relate. If you have a large budget, you could replace the lights if yellowed, Add HIDs, an Air intake, system. Maybe some nice, not-overdone rims. And if you're REALLY loaded you could repaint it. (unless you like the green). But like what's been said, washing and waxing can do wonders. Some tire shine. But post some pictures!
EDIT: another nice addition you could do is add some fog lights into the lower grille. Aftermarket fog lights behind the grill is a pretty popular tuner look if you want to go that direction.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can help you out with doing a thorough detailing, and show some of my techniques, or tips and tricks... if you want. PM me

I know quite a bit about leather, plastic, vinyl and paint/clear care. also, polishing your headlights with a cheap kit is way better than wasting moneyu on headlights, unless the lenses are busted, but even still, you could seal them.

the God of this kind of care type work is Michakaveli, over on the other club.

I'm going to college for Bodywork, year 2 of 2, majoring in cleaning and final prep.
in that, i major in fords and related awesome vehicles.
in that, i major in cars, specifically Taurus/Sable/Continental

wow. first post back in da club in a few months

$hady_J :ford:

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I wouldn't replace the lenses if they're yellowed. Some shops wet-sand them clear for about $50. Otherwise, you could pick up a kit at Wally World for $20 and do it yourself if you have access to an electric drill.

Most people will respect a clean, well-cared-for car over a botched attempt at making it "look cool." (Speaking from experience here...)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I wouldn't replace the lenses if they're yellowed. Some shops wet-sand them clear for about $50. Otherwise, you could pick up a kit at Wally World for $20 and do it yourself if you have access to an electric drill.

Most people will respect a clean, well-cared-for car over a botched attempt at making it "look cool." (Speaking from experience here...)
:werd: on both.

Heck you also have a 1 year only car color. That Forest Green all properly detailed has great metallic flake in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts