Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just got a dark green 95 SE.

What is there I can do?

It runs great, and sounds great. It was old lady owned. It great shape.

It does have like 120,000 miles on it.

I've never owned a Ford before to be honest.

B

·
0 Posts
First off, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the TCCA family!

I would start off with general maintenance first, unless of course there's records showing it was done recently. I'd do an oil change, flush the coolant system, flush the trans (including changing the filter), and add a trans cooler.

It may not be a bad idea to check the condition of the wires/cap/rotor/plugs as well and replace as necessary.

Since it's a 95 SE, you must have the crystalline headlamps (some people call them discoballs). They're a nice upgrade from the standard headlamps, and stay clearer longer. Nothing to do with maintenance or anything, just commenting. :)

I'm going to move this to Maintenance and Repair, so that it gets more exposure and you can get more answers.

If you're in the Northeast area, and are free on Saturday, there's a meet going on at my shop. Look for the thread "Anonda Motorsports Meet", all the info is in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has the 3.0

RI. is to far of a trip for me.

I'm from Ontario, Canada

I have a car show this weekend anyway. My 25th car show of the year, and 2nd last show of the year for me. This is for my other car though.

Thanks

Jeff
1995 Ford Taurus SE
1999 Sunfire GT Convertible

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Are you signed up on j-body.org? I'm over there as two of my best freinds have J's, not to mention my gf's Z/24.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts