·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Whitewalls are classy. :D

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
$80?! geez! my work we charger $62 and that includes lifetime rotate and balance of the tires.
wish i where you brother .. but when you buy your own tires these guys get ugly :angry:but they are the best.. they even shave your tires .. bet you never herd of that..been dealing with Genes frame shop for over 35 years And they are top notch so far

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think for your case, you should stay black wall. I have no idea how large the Symmetry's stripe is, but if it is the pencil line thin type, I wouldn't do it.

To be honest, there has to be enough sidewall to make it look right, and the car needs the right wheels as well. Most Panthers looked good with whitewalls when 15 inch wheels were standard, but when they went up to 16 inch standard, the pencil thin style looks a bit blah. I've seen Bulls with 14 inch wheels wear them and look fine, but 15 inches took away enough sidewall to make them look strange.

However, to each their own.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Xcellent decision :thumb: regarding keeping your bull. The white walls I will have to see and it sounds is intriguing.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
wish i where you brother .. but when you buy your own tires these guys get ugly :angry:but they are the best.. they even shave your tires .. bet you never herd of that..been dealing with Genes frame shop for over 35 years And they are top notch so far
You can usually find good prices on tirerack which has a list of local tire installers. I just use it when I get used tires, otherwise for new tires, it's always been cheaper to get the local tire stores to price match as it eliminates any warranty/road hazard issues with mail order. If they don't have it in stock, they can typically special order but I guess in your case, maybe not.

Installing tires isn't exactly rocket science, I'm not sure I'd be swayed by have it done by the best, the local chains haven't really been bad putting them on, the only thing I watch out for is if they over tighten the lug nuts, but then I have my own torque wrench.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts