Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a taurus with 155k on it hoping for a project car. So far I've found that I'ma need to cleans or replace the IAC and the transmission needs some work. One wierd thing though the transmission pan says it's an AXOD Tranny but I thought those weren't even offered on that year. Any guidance would be appreciated.
So far my shooping list includes:
Erubuni 6 Piece Body Kit
Custom Style Lighted Rear Wing
Paint Job(Midnight Blue Metalic)
IAC(maybe)
still adding though hopefully a new head unit amp and a couple subs plus my 6x9s that I'm putting in the back tommorow

any other suggestions?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats on the new bull and welcome to the club! :banana:
I'm pretty sure you don't have an AXOD, I believe Ford just used the same pan.
My guess is that your transmission will need rebuilt or replaced since you say it needs some work. I highly recommend a Pioneer head unit as I've owned a few and have never been disappointed. Good luck with the new car and enjoy it. :)

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Welcome to the club :) Picking up Bulls must be the thing to do this week, we just signed off on a '97 Taurus with a tick under 100k miles for my mom as a second family car for my folks. I test drove it (mad Vulcan powah! well, not really lol...), but for the year and mileage, it's mint. Runs, shifts, and looks almost new.

Be ready for the transmission to fail, and other regular maintenance items. Otherwise, you could have done a lot worse :D

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!! This will be your second home. lol

Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I've already figured I'm gonna have to replace the tranny I'm looking at hopefully march I'll have the money for it and get my dad to drive up here and help me put it in save me a grand on labor
Then 1 year from march..........new vulcan 3.0 built from a reman block with approx 1800 in add ons hoping for above 400 ponies anyone know of a turbo kit for the vulcan?
This bull will scream once I get her finished
Before I had kids I was saving up to build a 69 Chevelle SS with a Munsey RC 4 speed and a mean 427 supercharged pushing out over 750
now I need a four door so Artemis should be able to do well

btw I'm in mt
and thanks for the warm welcome

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Only turbo Vulcans I've seen are Probes and Rangers, you can try rougeperformance.com, probetalk.com or PM "Fredness" on the forums for additional info and cheap hop-ups.

Good luck, take lots of pictures, and welcome to the :tcca:!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts